CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

+35
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
TriniCherryPrincess
Umph
WhosThatRedHead
jlowman1
priceless
nattyblog
coilykinks
MellowOne
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
QuietButterfly
Curly_Aquarius
Keisha
Intelligentbeauty
Muz
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
TerraD
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
SisterBoyd
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
DvaAuNaturel
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
39 posters

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 Empty Re: TheRYL1...Hey Y'all! ;-)

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th January 2011, 3:49 pm

Hey Ryl1,
Just stopping through. I saw your avi in another thread and had to come check out what's going on. Your hair looks good. Love me some BIG hair! Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 3:56 pm

Love the big hair! Work it! How are things going?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th January 2011, 4:06 pm

Nikcoils wrote:When I got my hair straightened this weekend I told the hair stylist you got my hair looking that Remy hair! People gonna ask is that Yaki and what number is that color! lol I was thinking about you calling your daughter Yaki Girl.

LOL Yeah, folks are gonna be on you for that hair number! hahahahaha Yeah, Yaki Girl is "re-uppin" in the upcoming weeks. LMAO

SisterBoyd wrote:Hey Ryl! I'm looking to do another meet up in February or March. I created another threat in the meet up folder and I sent you an email on FB. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, we (me, you, and Terra) need to get together so we can use our Veggie Grill coupons Wink

I hit up the meet up thread! Q: When do that coupon expire? I think we should meet with that in mind! Very Happy

poeticlyspkng wrote:hey sis! I just realized that I hadn't responded to your question! I'm doing pretty good. Busy with life ya know? And not as on the "hair" thing as I was before. Don't get me wrong- I will still talk up a storm on hair if someone asks me but I no longer allow my life to be consumed with it. I've got some other aspirations I'm trying to chase!

Anyway, hope all is well with you. You've been posting some very nice avi's lately. TTYS
Hey Lady! I feel ya on the life thang! Do it! LOL

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Ryl1,
Just stopping through. I saw your avi in another thread and had to come check out what's going on. Your hair looks good. Love me some BIG hair! Very Happy
Hey Dva. Thank you! Yeah, I'm still trying to figure my hair out! LOL It's healthy and growing, so I'm good!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the big hair! Work it! How are things going?
Hey Sweet! I'm loving your hair big time! cheers Girl, stuff is rough! LOL But, I know this is a test of God's Faith System, this is only a test!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th January 2011, 4:23 pm

Hair Stuff...

My hair has been doing pretty good. It acted like it wanted to get dry on me (I think I used shampoo a bit too much...gotta balance its usage better). Anywho, while in Target, I picked up some Shea Moisture Reconstructor Conditioner. Y'all know I love me some Shea Moisture, so I had to pick it up.

So...I got down to business:

Prepoo & detangle...shea butter, castor, jojoba, and sweet almond oils...overnight.

Shampoo ...(I wanted to use a moisturizing one to combat the dryness). I checked the cabinet and had a sample of Hair Rules Moisturizing No Suds Shampoo. It's not the most natural product Embarassed but it got the job done! My hair was nice and soft before the conditioning.

Wet detangle...HE Totally Twisted (first time using, so far, so good.)

Deep Condition...the Shea Moisture Reconstructor Condish. Applied liberally, plastic capped and towel wrapped for about 2 hours.

Results: Man, I have some moisture back in my life! run My twist out was nice & defined, soft...and no frizz! I twisted on mostly dry hair...and I still used the YES to Cuc leave-in. I used my tried and true Eco Custard mix for twisting.

Lessons learned:

Pre-poo before washing
Co-wash weekly...shampoo monthly
Deep Condition weekly
Keep shea butter in my life
Stick with my tried and true product combos...DUH!

Sometimes I make things so difficult! Rolling Eyes

Have a great day, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 8:41 pm

*hugs* they always make me feel good when "stuff is rough" I am praying things smooth out soon!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th January 2011, 1:25 pm

Hey RYL, hope everything is going good.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th January 2011, 1:53 pm

Sounds like a plan ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 Empty I will not skip a deep conditioning session! Repeat! ;-)

Post by TheRYL1 21st January 2011, 12:12 am

Ladies! Iz doin' better...I REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE! woot! woot!

The Hair (perhaps that's its name?) is coming along. My short patch is coming along nicely. This is month 9 for me...I said I wanted to get a good cut on my 1-yr. anniversary to bring it all together. LOL

Yesterday, me, The Man and Miss Ed (his grandmother--that's my buddy!!She's 80 something rolling her Escalade, carrying a humongous purse with the Cadillac emblem. Too cool!) Anywho...The Man hits a corner and stops in front of this store front place...this dude comes out. The Man says: "Hey E...my girl here needs her hair cut...hook her up. E, then proceeds to feel through my hair, asking me questions...how do you want it cut? do you plan to wear it this way? So...he says "Come on back...I got you!" lol! The ghetto consultation at the curb...you gotta love it! Very Happy

So...here pics of my hair this week...I'm pleased! Oh, I tell you, I WILL NOT skip a deep conditioning treatment! Repeat: I will not skip a deep conditioning treatment! Razz

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-010

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-011

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-012

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-013
I tried my hand make-up today! I'm getting better at it!

Oh, I gotta add this...Yaki Girl is re-uppin' this weekend! She's trying to decide should she get straight or curly... Rolling Eyes Pics to follow! hahahahahahahaha

Later y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st January 2011, 12:53 am

Girl your hair is PRETTY!!! You are doing a great job with your EcoStyler Gel!!! I need to revisit that because I'm almost out of my AfroVeda Gel. I'm buying so much make-up I'm not thinking about hair products!!! LOL

I love your make up!! You go girl. I'm having so much fun...I get up at least 30 minutes earlier in the mornings so I can take my time to do my make-up!! Crazy I know...

You know I just bought another half wig (or rather re-purchased one like the one I have) and ordered a new one...so I'm not mad as Yaki Girl, shoot we may just end up being BFF!!! LOL

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 4:01 am

heeeeeey my comedic twin Razz giiiiirl do u know the other day on Martin, i read my lil info card on tv and it said it was the tommy hearns episode but it ended up bein when he proposed to gina Mad i was so upset cuz i was lookin fwd to seein tommy hearns knock him out his boots!

ur hair is lookin soooo good and giiiiirl imma need u to jump on over n join us on the makeup thread
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2011, 10:18 am

I haven't been over here in soooooo long. Your hair is looking really GOOD!! Love the definition of your twist out!!

Tell "Yaki Girl" she knows she wants to get some curly hair....LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st January 2011, 11:21 am

Your hair looks great ...

curbside consultation .. gotta love it
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st January 2011, 12:31 pm

You are looking too cute. the make looks great, and so does your hair. yeah tell her to get curly lol
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 12:32 am

Hey Y'all!

Man...my hair is finally getting closer to how I want it...it's getting bigger! My twist out does not look like my wash n' go! run run I'm too pumped! LOL

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-017

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-015

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-018

Last night I twisted in larger twists using shea butter mixed with Curls Goddess Curls Gel(Target "brand"), and a lil sweet almond oil. And today...I was very pleased! woot!

I'm thinking shea butter is truly a necessary staple for me! How could I not KNOW this being that my hair loved the Shea Moisture products? Rolling Eyes Yeah, sometimes I'm kinda slow! lol! Well, I got it now. Very Happy

Have a good one, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th January 2011, 12:57 am

OK...my hair has been nice and moist of late. As a matter of fact, this morning it was VERY SOFT...so soft the twist out, just went "straight" (relatively speaking) when I took them down. I stood in the mirror just staring...trying to think what to do so I wouldn't be late for work.

Soooo...I decided to do a puff! My hair was so soft, I was able to use a banana clip. cheers

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-024

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-025

TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 2011-026
I even tried a lil make-up...I felt I needed it with my puff and lil twists! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th January 2011, 1:15 am

Today I kept reading about this Tangle Teezer...all the reviews...and I think Krazy Coils sent me over the edge...LOL

SOOOOOOO...YOU KNOW I HIT SALLY'S ON THE WAY HOME! Very Happy I was tired and had to use the bathroom, but I STILL made time to run into Sally's. The thing was hanging right there in the front (there were only 3 left...glad I got there)! Yay!

I ran home to do something to my head...I don't want a puff tomorrow. I slathered on the HE Totally Twisted (I'm really lovin' that stuff) and rinsed (too tired to detangle first...SMH...I used my fingers). THEN I used the Tangle Teezer when I added Shea Moisture Reconstructive Condish for a hot minute and I mean, a hot minute.

MAN...I THINK I'M IN LOVE! I mean it cut through the fluff with no problem! And hair loss was minimal...very minimal. My hair was SMOOTH! I don't know the last time it's been so smooth. I see I can use it for a low, curly pony puff in the back, with smooth edges! That'll be the weekend 'do...or tomorrow if I have another "limp" hair moment! LOL

I fell so in love with how my hair was...soft & curly...I just ran some Hair Rules Kinky Cream (I think that's is what it's called...I bought that when I just started out on the natural road...it's been in the cabinet over a year...SMH). I like how it "curls" my hair. We'll see how it turns out because I will not be twisting to-niiight (Bernie Mac voice).

But, I just had to talk about the Tangle Teezer...get it...if you haven't already!

Nite, y'all! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th January 2011, 1:26 am

Ryl!!!!! Wait for me! Girl, you are doing big things and leaving me in the dust hahahaha!!!!

I need to get one of those tangle teasers. My friend Angie got one so I'm really late!

I used my Veggie Grill coupon already. It was going to expired on the 15th. But we can still go. Heck, it looks like the LA Meet up will be just me and you anyway. Hey we can go to Veggie Grill and around the corner to Cozymels for mango margaritas hahahaha!!!!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th January 2011, 2:15 am

Hey RYL!!!

Your hair is looking good!! I'm loving your twist outs.....very nice and defined!!!

I keep hearing about this Tangle Teezer.....JLow was talking about it the other day too.....think i'm gonna have to get me one.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th January 2011, 3:33 am

Your hair is gorgeous...and now you make me want to go get a Tangle Teezer. I don't even think I need it yet, but I hate to be left out! Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th January 2011, 9:17 am

Yay I'm glad you like it! I'm telling you the tangle teezer is making detangling easy and like you mentioned with minimal hair loss.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 11:01 am

Ryl! You and I are ONE girl! I got one yesterday too! And MAN!!! It is a miracle worker!

Your hair looks great! Keep up the good work. I put up my Curls goddess gel until spring but i might have to revisit it soon. Looking good!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th January 2011, 5:01 pm

Ok- So you are tying to make me get a tangle teezer and my hair dont, even tangle! lol
Your make up and the hair!! You are on FIYAH!!

I called the dept and look who answered!
TheRYL1...Hey Y'all!  ;-) - Page 34 Firema10
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th January 2011, 5:10 pm

Woooo Hoooooo....WHAT'S THAT NUMBER, Nyla! LOL

Yeah, y'all...I'm a believer...that Tangle Teezer is the biz! Get it, it will surely come in handy.

Thank y'all for the hair compliments...they help my day for real! I feel I'm in that 'tween stage, just trying to figure out my hair. But, I'm getting better at paying attention to what actually works vs. what I think works. YAY!

I always think of the dude (I can't tell you where I read it...maybe here) with the beautiful long dreads. He said he, too, had to make it through the Side Show Bob days. So...I hold on to that..."this, too, shall pass"!

Oh, btw, I'm puffed up again today! This hair, this hair! SMH
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th January 2011, 5:14 pm

1-800-HOT-NESS!!!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th January 2011, 5:15 pm

A-MEN! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next