CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon

4 posters

Go down

South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon Empty South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon

Post by bluejay47 26th April 2010, 3:15 pm

Hi, does anyone have a positive South Jersey/Philly natural salon experience? I've found a few natural salons listed online in this area, but many don't have websites or very many reviews... I usually go to a regular salon to get it straightened and trimmed. But they don't know how to detangle properly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I'd like to get some professionally done natural/textured styles. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

bluejay47

Back to top Go down

South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon Empty Re: South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon

Post by IndyPie 11th May 2010, 3:53 pm

I have found the natural shops in Philly to be more expensive than my blow dry and curl....smh. I have been to Duafe on scotts lane, I'm sorry I do not remember the stylists name it has been 2 years. You can google them and they will do a consultation. Good luck

IndyPie

Back to top Go down

South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon Empty Re: South Jersey/Philly Natural Hair Salon

Post by bluejay47 11th May 2010, 4:24 pm

Thanks IndyPie, I saw the http://dua-fe.com/ website a while ago, and was trying to decide between trying them and http://www.phillynatural.com/. The natural salons seem to be just as expensive as regular salons if not more. I'd love to hear feedback before trying. But if I don't, I'll share my experience with the forum.

bluejay47

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyPie 12th May 2010, 11:50 am

I went to a shop in Upper Darby, PA called Beautiful Beginning. I found this shop on Ms. Jessie's site because they carry and use her products. The address is 709 Long Lane Upper Darby, PA (610) 259-0132 and the stylist was Naima. I had a trim, flat twists into a faux-hawk and two-strands with the remaining hair. The cost was $90. But many of us naturals do not visit a salon often and I was in dire need of a trim. I liked the site for Au Naturale and I may try them. Another place is Brownstone Natural Hair & Barber Studio
Street: 1729 South Street Philadelphia, pa 19146-1528 Phone: (215) 545-2555 and I was referred to Aboni, co-owner with her husband. Let me know who you try.

IndyPie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay47 14th May 2010, 11:46 am

Thanks a lot! I'll let you know which one I try.

bluejay47

Back to top Go down

Post by iamglennie 18th May 2010, 5:11 pm

I am in the South Jersey/ Philly area looking for a new natural hair care salon to go to..I tried salon hair tree in Weshampton NJ. The exp. was tooo long....But i might trythem just one more time since they are close to my house.
iamglennie
iamglennie

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 29th June 2010, 5:05 pm

INDYPIE- that sounds like a cute style. did u take any pics? how was the service and wait time there?
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down