CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by Muz 21st March 2010, 10:44 pm

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. What dilution ratio do you use for your face? I got it mostly for my hair, but there's so much of it even in the smaller bottle that I figured I may as well try the other uses too.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 22nd March 2010, 1:26 pm

Good Afternoon (or morning depending on your time zone)!

Sooooo, my hair is STILL in this bun, and I want to wash it and do something else to it sooooooo bad. LOL, but I'm trying to make myself wait a week to wash it which means I can't wash it until Wednesday at the earliest. In the meantime I can look for some new styles to try. Any suggestions? I was thinking about trying this one by BlackOnyx77 (geesh, I mention her alot don't I? LOL) or a puff a la LynnieLuve even if I can't do it with twists because of these dumb permed ends, I can do it with a bantu-knot out. . . I want to try something different. Any suggestions? Very Happy
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd March 2010, 1:45 pm

Until I got those permed ends chopped, I didn't have a heck of lot of choices. You will think of something .... do you rollerset?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 22nd March 2010, 1:54 pm

I've never done a rollerset. Unfortunately my hooded dryer blew out a couple of months ago, so it only blows cool air, which means it takes forever for my hair to dry that way. . . but do you think I should try that?

Yeah, I'm kinda tired of doing the same thing, for the first few months I did a lot of Bantu-knot outs, then I started trying flat twists. I've never done a braid out, maybe I should try that?

I soooooo can't wait to do WNGs
Laughing
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd March 2010, 1:43 pm

Okay, so I couldn't take it anymore and decided to wash my hair today. I DC'd over night with a mixture of Suave Naturals Coconut, Castor Oil, EVOO, and Raw Honey. I washed that out and used a little Dr. Bronners before using some Aussie Moist. Here's my hair right after washing with nothing on it so you can kinda see my texture:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar23-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar23-16

and here's the back

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar23-12

and I ended up doing braids in the back for a braidout and using the rods from the sponge rollers I had to do the ends (got that idea from YouTube)

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar23-15

The front isn't bantu-knots, I just kept twisting my hair (not two stranded, just twisting) until it started to almost for a bantu-knot and then I tried to get them to go in different shapes. So they are lying more flat as opposed to going up for the bantu-knots.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar23-14

I used the headband to lay down the front since it's not twisted, it's just pulled back with rubber bands.

So I ended up doing a kind of combination of a braid out and BlackOnyx77's style. My hands were KILLING me when I first started braiding. Clearly braiding requires the use of muscles that twists don't require. LOL, but I like how the braids didn't start coming apart as quickly.

In other news, I need a tan I'm starting to look rather pale. Come on sunshine!!
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd March 2010, 3:42 pm

Muz wrote:

So I ended up doing a kind of combination of a braid out and BlackOnyx77's style. My hands were KILLING me when I first started braiding. Clearly braiding requires the use of muscles that twists don't require. LOL, but I like how the braids didn't start coming apart as quickly.

In other news, I need a tan I'm starting to look rather pale. Come on sunshine!!

Yesssssssss. Last night was my first time trying to do some braids. I didn't realize how much harder it is than twists. Think ima stick to what I know from now on. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd March 2010, 4:53 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Muz wrote:

Yesssssssss. Last night was my first time trying to do some braids. I didn't realize how much harder it is than twists. Think ima stick to what I know from now on. Lol.

I'm hoping the pain will be worth it. LOL, next time I may do them bigger. . . this DOES however demotivate me when it comes to learning how to cornrow. Laughing
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd March 2010, 4:57 pm

hi!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd March 2010, 5:02 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:hi!!!

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I'm a big fan of your videos, I've been stocking up all sorts of info for when I BC Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2010, 5:52 pm

Welcome Muz. I live in Columbus too. I found african blk soap at whole foods for $3 a bar. i havent decided what i think of it yet.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd March 2010, 6:10 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Welcome Muz. I live in Columbus too. I found african blk soap at whole foods for $3 a bar. i havent decided what i think of it yet.

Thanks! What color is it? I heard the raw soap has to be a brownish color, or is your bar black? I saw one in Target, but it was actually BLACK so I didn't get it.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th March 2010, 4:01 pm

I just realized I started my 10th month the day before yesterday! dance Two months to go before I can seriously consider BCing ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Thcheerleader. I don't know for sure that I'm going to BC at a year, I think it's really going to depend on how I feel on May 23. Anywhoo, nothing really going on with my hair today, I left the braids in since I'm not going anywhere and I see no reason to tempt the tangles. But I DID take out the rollers, and I LOVE the way the ends came out, much tighter than they did if I used the spongy part too.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar24-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar24-11

If braiding didn't hurt so much, I could see doing smaller braids all over and using that method to curl the ends. As it is, it DOES hurt ~lol~ but I can't wait to see if it works as well with twists. I can say that sleeping on them without the sponge part was not very comfortable though ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Ermm

and here's now the top turned out dry, I like it!

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 2 Mar24-12

In other random news, apparently the neighbor on the side where my bedroom window is is having her back steps fixed. It has been a loud and annoying process as far as I'm concerned. I hope they'll be done today, and I'm glad I had that migraine a couple of days ago instead of today.

My Wii Fit is still being funny about my weight, but I see myself getting more toned, so I'm still motivated. Yesterday I did the 30 minute free-run. I admit I cheated a bit, but it felt good when I was done. A couple of months ago, I could barely do the long distance or 10 minute run. Oh, and my new favorite song to listen to while doing the hula hoop exercise is Apache by The Sugar Hill Gang