CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!!

+42
~JOME~
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
LaToya28
iri9109
TMS
soleil
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
crvng4mr
poeticlyspkng
NhappyJackie
jamaicacurl
ktoliver5303
TerraD
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Mz. Thang
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
CocaColaCutie
neethair
DvaAuNaturel
truet
MellowOne
CocoEuro
Winnielours
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
bholmes87
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
jcanalena79
46 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by jcanalena79 2nd June 2010, 7:04 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I'd also like to see what 6 inch hair looks like. It seems like it's one of those awkward lengths in between long and short. That can be very annoying.

Picture a 6" ruler. It is an in-between length, but so is shoulder length (my current length), so either way, it's still annoying. I can deal with in-between if it's healthy b/c it'll grow and I know I'll be growing out healthy hair. Hmmmm ... guess I've made a decision Shocked Laughing
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd June 2010, 10:52 pm

Take it slow, 6 in. is a nice place to start to get your hair back to complete health where you want it. And you'll still be able to pull back in a pony.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd June 2010, 11:08 pm

I think you should take it slow. Consider cutting more if you are having someone else cut your hair and they can point out areas that may have more damage.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 3rd June 2010, 1:01 am

SOOO ... I did it! I tried to enlist the help of two friends, both of whom declined. The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes

Because I'm a firstborn and a Virgo, I was undeterred ...

the longest cut piece measured 11 inches when stretched straight
The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Byebyehair

the back does look better ... some of the hair was around to the front-ish so that's why the bottom layer looks so sparse
The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Backviewtease

ended up in an impromptu bantu-knot-out (obviously, the "out" part will be done in the morning) You can see how much smaller the knots are due to the shorter hair ... plus the smaller sections became necessary as a result of the shorter hair as well.
The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Bantuknotout

Am I happy I did it?! YES, YES, YES!!! Is the cut in need of assistance, lol? Most def The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_redface . But I can definitely rock it as is and will post more crappy cell phone pics tomorrow (still can't find my battery pack). You want to know the interesting part? 6" is longer than I thought ...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd June 2010, 1:04 am

Yay to being a first born Virgo! When's your birthday?

Your hair looks awesome! 11 inches? The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_eek Can't wait to see the bantu knot out!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd June 2010, 1:05 am

WOW! You did it! I think it looks great. I hope that you are pleased with it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd June 2010, 1:38 am

You cut it! Cannot wait to see BKO. I know you will look fab!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd June 2010, 2:56 am

WOW, Congrats!!! It looks great!! Can't wait to see the bantu knot out!!! bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd June 2010, 10:28 am

OMG you did it!!! Looks good and you look very happy! Looking forward to seeing the knot out!!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd June 2010, 10:53 am

Congrats!! I love it!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 3rd June 2010, 11:04 am

Karyn wrote:Yay to being a first born Virgo! When's your birthday?

Your hair looks awesome! 11 inches? The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_eek Can't wait to see the bantu knot out!

August 27 I love you

Juices-n-Berries wrote:WOW! You did it! I think it looks great. I hope that you are pleased with it.

I am very pleased!! The ends feel healthier and alive, which they haven't in a long time. I'm so happy I stuck to my guns and did it!!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:You cut it! Cannot wait to see BKO. I know you will look fab!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW, Congrats!!! It looks great!! Can't wait to see the bantu knot out!!! bounce

jamaicacurl wrote:OMG you did it!!! Looks good and you look very happy! Looking forward to seeing the knot out!!!

LaToya28 wrote:Congrats!! I love it!

Thanks ladies!!! THe BKO wasn't a proper BKO b/c even with the shorter hair it was still very damp in the morning. But the BKs clumped the curls so its not bad at all. It also shrunk it up so it looks even more short. I loved feeling the sun on my neck this morning, lol!

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Cut-1

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Cut-2
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 3rd June 2010, 11:05 am

Can't wait to see the bto pics!!!! The back is already looking fuller
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd June 2010, 11:18 am

You and your hair look gorgeous The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_flower ! Cannot wait to see it in person The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 678474 !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 3rd June 2010, 11:24 am

aww these pics are gorgeous and youre soo pretty!!! just droppin by to say hello and happy friday eve!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd June 2010, 11:24 am

jcan! you did it!!! omg! you look great. btw, i'm a virgo too (9/17) and I did my BC myself as well. The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 11:29 am

OMG!!! OMG!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! SO FREAKING CUTE!! (as BHolmes would say)

Congratulations on your Major chop!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 3rd June 2010, 11:32 am

Congrats on your chop! You're wearing that cut!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd June 2010, 11:51 am

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! That looks so cute on you...plus it will grow so fast!!

Too cute!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 12:07 pm

I LOVE it! You did a great job on it and you look happy and beautiful. The sun on your neck is a great feeling! That's whats up!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 1:35 pm

You are very photogenic! I love the cut it is so pretty and your curls are WOW! Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 3rd June 2010, 1:43 pm

OMG! I am super excited for you!!!! Being a Virgo as well, I KNOW how hard it can be for us to make a decision! Which is why I have such respect for you for making that decision and sticking with it! You go!!!!!!
woot!

And the cut is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 3rd June 2010, 1:47 pm

OMG!!!! GIRL YOU LOOK SO GOOD!!! LOVE THE HAIR!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd June 2010, 2:32 pm

I knew you would look awesome either way! LOVE the cut!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd June 2010, 2:44 pm

Virgos are in the house. Congrats my fellow virgo, it looks good.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 3rd June 2010, 3:19 pm

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Cut-1

The Residence of JcanAlena79: MISSION MAJOR CHOP ACCOMPLISHED!!! - Page 13 Cut-2[/quote]

OMG! Absolutely stunning!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next