CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

+22
poeticlyspkng
blondie
mstokes2008
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
missmoriah
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
Nikcoils
KinKyKennY
CocoEuro
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
Jupitarlove
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Empty Hesitant but Ready

Post by Jupitarlove 5th March 2010, 4:23 pm

My whole life i have been told how beautiful i am. Standing 5'11 im often told i should be a model. Immersed into a world that prides you on your appearance i became wrapped up in my looks. My hair being my main insecurity. For 19 years I have felt as if my hair defined me and when it wasn't done my self esteem plummeted. Once the braids, sew ins, glue, curly, straight, wavy, even low cuts and fades are done i think "i wish i could just wear my hair." This year after being referred to curlyNikki by my cousin *Scugalicious* I decided it was now that i wanted to fully emraced my natrural beauty. I havn't had a perm in 5 months and after reading and looking at all the women on the site i grow more excited everyday about being natural. I know my mom who is natrual will jump with joy because she often says "One day you going to get tired of all that weave girl" lol. I currently have a sew in and have began collecting products suggested on the site. I would really like to know what all you all use. I cant wait for my T.W.A. Braid outs and everything else. The journey has begun.
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

http://twitter.com/jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Empty Re: Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2010, 4:40 pm

Welcome! You are in the right place. I love my curlfriends! I look forward to reading your journey..enjoy every minute of it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Empty Re: Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana??

Post by bholmes87 5th March 2010, 4:42 pm

Welcome to the challenge!!! How long do you think you'll transition? Because it sounds like you might be ready to BC pretty soon Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 5th March 2010, 4:52 pm

Oh yay! i saw both of you comment on my cousins scrug_a_licious post. She is doing her BC at the end of the month during our spring break i may do it then w/her if not im doing mine this summer. Im not to afraid b/c i have worn short hair before im just nervous but i guess thats natural. What all products did you ladies use? I bought some geovonni tea tree shampoo ans some deep conditioner curly nikki uses but there is so much out there i dnt know what to buy for daily care.
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th March 2010, 5:04 pm

Welcome ... there is wealth of knowledge here ... these ladies have become my curl-family-friends.

Good luck with your journey ... it's fun and exciting
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th March 2010, 5:13 pm

I like Nexxus Humectress conditioner, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner, V05 conditioners (especially moisture milks), extra virgin olive oil, Cantu Shea Butter leave-in cream, Creme of Nature leave-in conditioner, and Infusium 23 leave-in. And of course I LOVE water!!! lol it's the best moisturizer for real Smile I'm definitely still working on getting the right mixture of products because I'm definitley a product junkie but you live and you learn!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th March 2010, 5:35 pm

There is a lot to learn and most will be trial and error.

Some ingriedients "naturals" steer clear of are: silicones, sulfates, petroleum and mineral oil to name a few.

But, it's whatever works for your hair.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 5th March 2010, 7:00 pm

Ok thanks I just went and checked my grease and it has petrolum Sad but I have heard alot about this Hello Hydration im getting that. So before my sew in i was lookin at my hair tryin to figure out my curl pattern yal know that whole 4C 3a thing. I have real cousre hair are you guys that way as well? If so are some products better for course hair vs wavy
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 7th March 2010, 2:51 am

Jupitarlove wrote:Ok thanks I just went and checked my grease and it has petrolum Sad but I have heard alot about this Hello Hydration im getting that. So before my sew in i was lookin at my hair tryin to figure out my curl pattern yal know that whole 4C 3a thing. I have real cousre hair are you guys that way as well? If so are some products better for course hair vs wavy

Personally the hair typing system does nothing for me. Somedays when my hair has a mind of it's own, I'm thinking to myself "man, I've got like a 6c on my head or something--why is she being so difficult today?!"--LOL

Pay more attention to texture and porosity (how well your hair absorbs product). For me, although my hair feels coarse, my individual strands are really fine to the point where if I use something too heavy, my hair gets all stringy and doofy-looking!

Mainly though, it's just trial and error--I could recommend everything I use and your hair hate it! Or, I can tell you how horrible something is and your hair just drinks the stuff Wink

But I will say I LOVE the Hello Hydration--and the Totally tousled, and the None of Your Frizzness (all Herbal Essences conditioners).
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 8th March 2010, 3:24 pm

I am so happy now that you have a blog on here!! I cant wait for you to big chop!And im happy that we are both on the journey to becoming great natural queens!!YAY Cuzzin!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 8th March 2010, 6:19 pm

I know cousin!!! Im not tellin my mamma imma just surprise her and come back after the BC she goin to be so excited!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 16th March 2010, 1:55 pm

So im getting impateint I think i may do my bc in 2 weeks while im on spring break. It all depends on how my hair looks wen i take down my sew in.
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 3rd April 2010, 9:40 pm

Im on spring break and i have been rockin my natural hair...NO SEW INS MICROS or any other transtioning hair styles. I love it and so do all my friends. Even my guy friends which is nice to know lol...So here are some pics of my journey what do you think???? 1. Me w/ my short permed cut (I LOVE SHORT HAIR) 2.Me w/ various sew ins & DUNDUNDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (My drum roll) 3. Me & my cousin Scrug_a_licious she did my rodset 4. Me w/ my very 1st twist out!!!!!
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Short_11
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Favori11
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Sew_in11
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Coudin12
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Snapsh11
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Snapsh12
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 3rd April 2010, 9:44 pm

Your hair looks beautiful with the twist out!You are rockin the natural hair cuzzin!!!Im so proud of you!!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 3rd April 2010, 9:54 pm

Im proud of you for puttiing me on the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Natural beauties unite!
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd April 2010, 10:39 pm

I love it!! Go head now!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 3rd April 2010, 10:40 pm

Thankyou...How is your hair in your avatar? Its pretty
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Empty Sexy vs Beautiful

Post by Jupitarlove 6th April 2010, 4:16 pm

After asking my friends their opinion of my hair one of the answers got me thinking. He replied "Your long hair and weave gives you more of a sex appeal and you look sexy while this is just natural beauty you look beautiful" From there I asked random boys what would they prefer whoa she sexy or wow shes beautiful. They all replied beauty but what is the difference, can they be one in the same? Natural women cant be sexy? Permed women cant be beautiful? And even deeper which do i want to be which do you want to be? As a young woman (20) this really got me thinking not that anything is wrong with either but it was weird knowing im quote on quote not sexy anymore but then again being beautiful does seem better
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_12Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_10Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_11
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 6th April 2010, 4:37 pm

Hey welcome to the challenge...and I second what CurlieCutie said..the hair typing system does not work well for me either!! The front and left side of my hair is so straight. Very loose curls on the right, and cottony in the back!! I often look at the hair typing chart extremely confused!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 8th April 2010, 1:32 pm

So i always wondered how ppl really understood what products worked for them and what not. This morning i got my answer. I did my usual due just substituted coconut oil for shea butter and WHOA DIDNT GO TO SWELL....lol im ducking and dodging ppl on campus today but hey this makes the journey all the more funner..TRAIL AND ERROR #1 LOL being natural is so much fun i so shouldve started earlier....thought i share a lil joke one of my male friends cracked "I like this hair on you, you look so wholesome & sweet before u were all hoesome and seductive looking" lol
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by KinKyKennY 8th April 2010, 2:44 pm

Eboni!! First off your hair looks wonderful. Regarding one of your posts above I believe that natural women can be both beautiful and sexy. On another note I'm becoming a product junkie too! LOL But I must agree that being natural is so much fun! I can't wait to see your hair when you do your big chop I know it will look great! Very Happy
KinKyKennY
KinKyKennY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 3:41 pm

Jupitarlove wrote:After asking my friends their opinion of my hair one of the answers got me thinking. He replied "Your long hair and weave gives you more of a sex appeal and you look sexy while this is just natural beauty you look beautiful" From there I asked random boys what would they prefer whoa she sexy or wow shes beautiful. They all replied beauty but what is the difference, can they be one in the same? Natural women cant be sexy? Permed women cant be beautiful? And even deeper which do i want to be which do you want to be? As a young woman (20) this really got me thinking not that anything is wrong with either but it was weird knowing im quote on quote not sexy anymore but then again being beautiful does seem better
Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_12Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_10Jupitarlove..I just transferred to Xavier Uniersity!Does anyone live in Louisiana?? Photo_11

You can be sexy either way i think it is all in your attitude then what is on your head. Straight or curly my husband has comment that i looked good enough to eat. Coming from some one who has falt ironed her natural hair for over 9 years and it is BSL straight when i decided to rock the natural curl pattern hubby did a double take and confesed he'd always been a sucker for curls.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 9th April 2010, 9:51 am

Yea cuzzin I dont think that being natural makes you less sexy. I get complements on being even more sexy with my do's. Some guys say I look like im earthy and im in tune!LOL. You can definetly be natural and sexy.
P.S. you should BC soon...
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupitarlove 9th April 2010, 6:35 pm

Im doing my BC next weekend its OFFICIAL!!!!! IM BEYOND EXCITED! Im all for being different and even though my cousin ^^^^^ SCRUG_A_LICIOUS thinks i should get a even cut i want something FUNKY!!!! Not sure what but i want it to be different....On another note today i did bantu knots!!! I know your thinking wait her hair is to short for that lol but it worked pics comin in a sec.....
Jupitarlove
Jupitarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th April 2010, 7:16 pm

Yay! Congrats on your upcoming BC!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next