CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry: extraordinary!

+46
Keisha
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
Fabulousat50
LadyMika
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyMang
iri9109
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
BeautifullyImpurfekt
ktoliver5303
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MsJay1121
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
NhappyJackie
MochaSoul
mstokes2008
tiashaunteé
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
cutephantasm
ChrsLvsBks
Mz. Thang
missmoriah
sunbaby
.:Eden:.
Ameenah
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
50 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Empty Re: Cherry: extraordinary!

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd January 2011, 10:48 pm

Hi Cherry,

Can't wait to see pics of the hair with the new brown color.

Please accept my condolences...I'm sorry to hear about your great grandma and aunt passing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 3rd January 2011, 10:51 pm

Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Empty I feel like a stranger :(

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 7th February 2011, 6:20 am

I took a break from CN so I could catch up with all of my school work and I DID!!! That means I can stalk all the CSJ threads now Wink whoo! but I havent been up here for soooo long; it makes me so sad Sad .
Ive been gone for so long its seems like everyones hair is a foot longer lol.
Well Im going to keep this post short so ill leave some quick side-notes then go and read up on everyones CSJ. I love you

~side-notes~
1. I only have 4 classes this semester so ill be on CN more than ever!
2. remember how i said i dyed my hair? it faded already silent
3. remember how i said i had a major split end problem and set goals to fix it? I stuck to them Very Happy so my hair is doing awesome and im seeing less and less single strand knots and shed hair.
4. My first bc anniversary is coming up cheers (i say FIRST bc because ive bc-ed 4 times)
5. Around this time marks 6 months of being ALL natural. (because even though ive bc-ed 4 times, it wasnt until the third that i was fully natural)

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th February 2011, 1:32 pm

Yah I'm halpy for ya girl!!

Now about that blog of yours...
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2011, 1:37 pm

Hey sunshine! I am sorry to hear of your loss! * hugs* I will be back to check put your latest drawings! I need to check out your blog too
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 8th February 2011, 12:44 am

naturallychelsea: Thanks and heh I need to get on that. I know I was supposed to put tutorials up a while ago but it should be up later. I also need to send in my hair journey for your blog. I see its been doing very well cheers Congrats!

sweetdrk1: Thanks sweet Smile and im loving your hair short, it looks absolutely gorgeous Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th February 2011, 9:42 am

Good I was looking forward to seeing your creations.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th February 2011, 3:53 pm

Hey lil sis!! I'm sorry about your loss. I'm praying for you. It's good to be by your place. Congrats on your 1st BC anniversary. I will stop back through smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th February 2011, 9:14 pm

naturallychelsea: Im workin on it Very Happy so far i made 2 things im going to put up on the site. I was supposed to do that yesterday but the craziest thing happened (that i will be talking about in my post)!

SheeTacular: Hey Shee!and thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Empty The craziest thing happened yesterday!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th February 2011, 9:31 pm

Long story short: While my sister, brother, and I were walking our dogs, we found a stray kitten Surprised and if you know my family, you know we love animals and love helping them so we took it home and gave it some food and water. We took it to the vet today and bought it some medicine so now we get to keep it! cat Its the fluffiest little fuzz-ball Ive ever seen Razz (Ill have to post pics up later) We named her Daylala Puddin-Tater Monroe but we found out she was actually a HE Embarassed soo HIS name is Daylala Leroy Puddin-Tater Monroe. Matt and Bloo are ok with him too! Bloo isnt too happy about the fact that were babying someone not-him though lol. Anyway thats why I wasnt online yesterday or today.

As for my hair: Today i didnt do anything with my hair affraid I usually moisturize my hair daily but I didnt have time today because i was baby-sitting a kitten Rolling Eyes but no need to worry, im going to moisturize it now since Leroy fell asleep. Thats pretty much it for my hair, I keep my regimen simple Wink

OH! before I forget, It been a year and (thanks to 4 BC's) I still have a TWA lol. Any styling ideas? The wash and go is losing its charm

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:29 pm

Hi CherryE..

Sorry to hear about your loss. ((hugs)) & I love you

Did you post pictures after you dyed your hair? Did I miss the pictures...LOL

Glad that your hair is growing; that means you are taking good care of it. I think keeping things simple is the key. Now if I can just get to that point! LOL

Take care...glad you have a little more time to pop in!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 14th February 2011, 6:07 pm

Thank you and Ill try to post some pics now

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Empty hair dye pics!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 14th February 2011, 6:40 pm

Ok so heres the hair dye I had: (clairol textures and tones light golden brown)
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 82729410
Before the dye:
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Pc290010
After the dye (I was finger coiling it):
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Pc290011
This is what it looked like in the sun:
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Pc300010
And this is it now (also my brother and bloo):
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 P1060010

So it started a low-key vivid, carrot top-esque orange and faded into a sandy brown.
It was a quick post for today and as for my hair, Im not really doing anything different from my regimen but i am thinking about twisting, flat twisting, or cornrowing it. . . well see how that works out.

Sidenote: notice the red words? Wink Happy Valentines Day!!! Hope yours is lovely I love you

Last edited by Cherry: extraordinary! on 14th February 2011, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th February 2011, 7:02 pm

I love the color!! Too Cute!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th February 2011, 12:43 am

i love it!! fits you well cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th February 2011, 12:59 am

Very cute!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:45 am

cute color!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st February 2011, 10:29 am

Love the color! It fits perfectly!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st February 2011, 2:26 pm

Hey Cherry,
I love your color. It fits you well. Very cute.

And your dog is adorable. I'm an animal lover too. I have 2 dogs and after my dog's training class last week I walked around in the animal shelter and was like I have to get out of here because I started thinking maybe I would like one more dog. But no, 2 is all for right now.

Please post pics of Leroy Puddin (cute name by the way).
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 24th February 2011, 12:18 am

Thanks everyone Very Happy

and DvaAuNaturel: I so feel you about the animal shelter, every time i go i want to adopt more pets lol. I just hope they all end up in good homes I love you

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 27 Empty Konnichiwa!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 24th February 2011, 12:53 am

Ok so it looks like i was wrong thinking that i would be able to get on CurlyNikki even more. lol Even though i have a few classes, they all require a lot of work. I also am learning Japanese on the side. Very Happy But i will get up here more often. At least once a week, if not to drop by to see how everyone is doing.

As for updates: Apparently my hair is getting passed that TWA phase. Its not a super fro yet but its making its way there. My hair is long enough now to the point that you can clearly see the difference between my dyed hair and new growth. (Ill post lots of pics tomorrow)

As for my life, Leroy's name has been changed to Mordecai Rigby Wallas (long story lol). Also, we might be releasing him after hes done with his medication [Pause] When we brought him into our house, the next day we took him to the vet since he was a stray. He turned out to have some diseases so they gave us some medications for him. A few days later we saw his cat family around the neighborhood and we dont know if they miss heir kitten so the next time we see them we might try to see if theyll take Mordecai back[Un-pause]

Oh and remember how im supposed to be making the bridesmaids dresses for my sisters wedding? Well i just got the fabric last weekend and apparently have to finish 1 of them for this weekend Shocked talk about pressure! OH! and guess what? The sewing machine decides that it doesnt want to work right Neutral . . . . . . . Well id stay to chat but i have a dress to finish Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 4:14 am

hey lil sis!!! girl u got alot goin on, sorry about ur loss honey i know thats pretty tough at one time!

ur hair is lookin fab! i love it short on u n the color is too cute. as an avid animal lover, we found a lil white lpso (sp?) lookin furball last week n i almost took him home but my other cocker spaniel, monet would NOT have that. she barely took in mason. she's almost 14 so she's old n tired all the time. she aint got no time to entertain another dog! my next one will be from a shelter though.

im just lovin ur whole eclectic vibe of learning japanese n art n sewin. u are just DOIN it girl wit great success!!

smooches I love you
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 25th February 2011, 4:32 am

Sorry for you loss. big hugs and comforts.
wow doing it big and busy. i love that you have a lot going on with all your talents. I wish i would be able to get back into alot of my arts and stuff i just feel like i never have time. Congrats on your anniv. my 1 yr is coming in mach i know what you talking about with the multiple bc my mom went throu the same thing.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2011, 8:28 am

Thanks Nubie, thanks priceless. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2011, 8:28 am

(man, i said i was gonna post pics 2 days ago silent *commitment fail*)

Heads up: I have a lot on my mind right now so im just going to make the first part of this post a reflectiony type thing. Feel free to skip over it and get to my hair updates (go to the blue words), i just feel like i need to put this out there.

So a few days ago i was on the computer (procrastinating Rolling Eyes ) and a thought occurred to me: "IM GOING TO BE 20 IN 3 YEARS!!!". Shocked 3 years is low-key a short amount of time. Needless to say, it really caught me of guard to the point where it kind of frightened me. Im almost an adult and have nothing to show for it. Sure im still a teen (for now), but theres still a part of me that thoroughly believes that something about me needs to change. Im not a bad person or act out of line or anything, i just think that at my age i should be trying to better myself. Someone somewhere might argue that "youre still a kid; enjoy it while it lasts", but to be honest, i need to grow up. Not in a sense that im immature or something similar, but that I just need to NOT act like i would 5 years ago. Im not going around acting like a child, but on that same note, im not acting how i would like. For instance, 5 years ago I had problems with school. I wasnt acting up in class or failing at everything, I just lost motivation in class. I didnt try my absolute best though, and it showed in my grades. Of course my parents were upset and i was sad about it, but it the end that didnt make me try any harder. Im a smart girl who could easily be a straight "A" student, but i was never motivated enough and seemed to do just enough to pass. Even now I still cant seem to keep myself motivated. Neutral
. . .
Another example, I used to do chores around the house.
Then i got lazy and stopped.
. . .
So my mom started to pay me money to do them.
Then i lost motivation and stopped.
. . .
Even now i dont do chores anymore.
. . .
Occasionally from time to time when i feel guilty or like a freeloader but for the most part i dont.

Oh! I also procrastinate. A LOT. I mean A LOOOOT. and no matter how much time i DONT have, or how close i am to a deadline, i ALWAYS seem to find time to procrastinate. (I STILL havent applied for college yet! [in my defense, I need my moms help before i cant finish that]) No

So this is what i mean by grow up: to learn from my past what i did(/still do) wrong and fix it. Sure, i can list my issues left and right but nothing will change about it until I, myself change.

Well Im posting this all to say that im going to make a change. Wink and not like a new years resolution (i usually dont keep to those), but more of an "Improvement List of Things to do (and Stick to) Before I Become a Full-Fledged Adult: List of Listlyness".

Stay Motivated (in school, life, a project, or whatever the case might be)
Dont Procrastinate (i mean, unless i have free time to do so Wink )
Stop Being Lazy (sure in theory that sounds fun [ Rolling Eyes ], but I need to get things done!)
(this one coincides with stop being lazy) Stop Finding Excuses for things! (Granted; I did blame my mom for not having applied to college yet [for-shame!])
and sure I have a lot of small goals also on my list, ( drink more water, exercise, take care of my hair, take care of my nails) and even smaller goals (go to bed earlier, work on my blog, practice with the sewing machine, learn Japanese, draw more), but honestly Im going to have to tackle this a piece at a time.
Seeing how "staying motivated" is the biggest one (and causes most of the other things i need to change), that will be the hardest one to handle. But i will definitely try my best. Very Happy

and finally. . .
MY HAIR!
My hair is doing awesome. Its nicely moisturized, my shed hairs are at an all time low, and the number of split ends are reducing as well. My Naturalversary is coming up (or passed lol [its sometime between late February/ early March]) so I migh do something cliché like straighten my hair or make a "1 year anniversary hair journey" montage Razz well see. Also, It was around this length where I wanted to resurrect my YouTube and make more videos for you all. (Last year around this time I had posted some videos to YouTube but deleted them about a month later saying "For now Im taking my videos of of YouTube because i have nothing to offer". And that was true. Still is pretty true. So for my channel I was going to do mostly tutorials ) BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT i asked for a specific video camera for Christmas (because the videos i put up last year had horrible quality) and ive yet to received it ( Sad ) so i wont be putting up videos anytime soon.

Well its 3:28 in the morning, and im gettin tired. So im going to get off CN, print out that college application, then hit the hay. G'night I love you
p.s. ill try to get those pictures posted tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next