CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

+50
Serenity23
ktoliver5303
Vee
.:Eden:.
neethair
Nikcoils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
lovesunshine17
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
Muz
MellowOne
truet
LaToya28
Karyn
mstokes2008
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
Yellagirlcurls
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
MahoganyCurls
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
d.denise
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
p_nuttie43
missmoriah
TerraD
curly+kinky+fierce
Mz. Thang
krazy coils
FemmeFox
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Curlz of Luv
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
StephanieB
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
54 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th February 2010, 4:24 am

Hello and welcome. I usually say to new comers " have fun here." But I see you already are....lol. bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_lol How did you get your pics to change every few seconds, on it's own. LOVE THAT!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Empty Re: bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in!

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 5:18 am

Thank you intelligentbeauty! I still intend to take your advice and continue to "have fun here" lol. I looked up how to make animated avatars online and it sent me to gickr.com (at least I think that's right) cuz I take WAY too many pictures but I still wanted to show all my favorite pictures from my transition. It's pretty easy actually Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 5:20 am

I will definitely be trying those animated avatars. I LOVE pictures! Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 5:31 am

I just went through your Fotki. I LOVE YOUR HAIR! That pic with the pearls... post that one tomorrow!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 6:20 am

Thanks! I definitely will post that one tomorrow Smile and I'm sure your animated avatars will be tight yo! lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 8:26 am

Hi bholmes87~

Welcome to the challenge. I enjoyed reading your introduction, and love how you posted your pictures with animation. (too cute)

I can't wait to see your natural curls, and by the way cute avatar.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th February 2010, 11:12 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I just went through your Fotki. I LOVE YOUR HAIR! That pic with the pearls... post that one tomorrow!

I wonder why you want her to post the pic with the pearls...hmmm bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_scratch LOL!!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_elephant
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 11:31 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:I just went through your Fotki. I LOVE YOUR HAIR! That pic with the pearls... post that one tomorrow!

I wonder why you want her to post the pic with the pearls...hmmm bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_scratch LOL!!! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_elephant

Lol. Very funny. But seriously she has like one of those cool Chrs bun things going on. Very classy. You'll see. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 11:33 am

Btw... Y is there no ivy or frog emoticon? Hmmmmm? Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 2:22 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi bholmes87~

Welcome to the challenge. I enjoyed reading your introduction, and love how you posted your pictures with animation. (too cute)

I can't wait to see your natural curls, and by the way cute avatar.

Thank you KinkyNappyHappy!! It definitely didn't take me long to get addicted to CN.com ... lol but I feel so very welcomed by everyone! I'll definitely try to get some natural pics up today, or at the very least my BC pics afro

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

Lol. Very funny. But seriously she has like one of those cool Chrs bun things going on. Very classy. You'll see. Lol.

Haha you guys are funny!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 2:51 pm

What a wonderful Wednesday!! (I'm saying that because I'm trying to speak it into existence. Speak those things that are not as though they are!)

So my hair has been the same for the past 4 or 5 days. I just made some smedium sized twists and rinsed them last night because I had never done that before. And let me tell you I LOVED IT!!! Who would have known that co-washing twists would be the best thing since turkey bacon? lol!
(pics coming soon)

I was also requested to add a certain picture on here, which I will do when I have some free time later today - I have an English midterm that I am EXTREMELY unprepared for. Yikes!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 10th February 2010, 3:54 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Btw... Y is there no ivy or frog emoticon? Hmmmmm? Lol

I know! I don't think it's fair she can post an elephant and I can't post an IVY! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_cry
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 10th February 2010, 3:56 pm

Bholmes- good luck on your midterm. I will be off CN at 2. I have to start studying for my CPA exam.

Welcome to the forum. I will try to check your fotki after I get 2hrs of study time in.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th February 2010, 4:05 pm

Pinkrage wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Btw... Y is there no ivy or frog emoticon? Hmmmmm? Lol

I know! I don't think it's fair she can post an elephant and I can't post an IVY! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_cry

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_tongue LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 10th February 2010, 4:16 pm

LOVE the texture shots!!!! Hm..... hair twins much?

LOL @ doodoo braids!!! I sleep in them to stretch my hair... who would have thought those horrible things would be my best friend now?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 4:33 pm

Pinkrage wrote:Bholmes- good luck on your midterm. I will be off CN at 2. I have to start studying for my CPA exam.

Welcome to the forum. I will try to check your fotki after I get 2hrs of study time in.

Thank you! And good luck with the studying. We're going to retain everything we read, study, write and type in Jesus name!!!!

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:LOVE the texture shots!!!! Hm..... hair twins much?

LOL @ doodoo braids!!! I sleep in them to stretch my hair... who would have thought those horrible things would be my best friend now?

I love having hair twins! I'll have to post up more texture shots from after the BC though cuz the curls aren't that fine anymore. They're WAY thicker now!
And I surely wouldn't have thought that doodoo braids would every be useful again. But low and behold they are a life saver! bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th February 2010, 6:21 pm

Hi Bholmes and welcome to the forum!

I loved all your pics! Your excitement is contaigous! I hope that we can all help find out more about your hair!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th February 2010, 8:31 pm

ooooo I like the pic with the pearls too!! POST IT!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 9:37 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hi Bholmes and welcome to the forum!

I loved all your pics! Your excitement is contaigous! I hope that we can all help find out more about your hair!

Hey Femme! I'm glad my excitement is spreading *sings* I'm so excited ... and I just can't hide it! lol I'm definitely ready to learn a lot more about my hair and I'm sure you'll be a part of that learning experience Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:ooooo I like the pic with the pearls too!! POST IT!!

LOL I'm getting there! (some people are so impatient ... lol jk) It should be up very shortly
Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 11:02 pm

So as requested, I am putting up pics of my hair with the pearls. But I'll start from the BC since I haven't shown you my napps yet so get ready!!!! lol

Before winter break I asked my friend, a newly licensed beautician, if she could do my BC for me. It was going to be about $10. Then the day before I realized that I didn't have ANY extra money! So I called her to cancel the appointment but she said she would do it free of charge AND she would do a rinse on my hair too! Now isn't God good? He sure knew the desires of my hair and the state of my wallet!! lol but I had already cut about 2 or 3 inches of relaxer off my hair the night before because I was contemplating doing the BC myself. But I decided to let a stylist do it.

These are from right after I got home, cellophane still on my face and scalp
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Bc10

This is the twist out I did the next day. First twist out as a returning natural! lol
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 1st_na10

This is how the first twist out held up over the next few days
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 1st_tw10

And now for the requested pic of the day: the pic with the pearls!!
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Flower10

In the above picture I had put in some conditioner (it said it had henna+placenta so I bought it. I'm such a PJ!) and went to sleep with basically a wash n'go in a puff. When I woke up for church I wanted to keep it in a puff and continue to deep condition so my hair basically dried with conditioner it. Pretty simple but I loved it bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_flower
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 11th February 2010, 5:57 pm

OMG, I LOVE the picture in the pearls. You work those flowers. I need to up my hair accessory game.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 6:00 pm

Thank you Pink!!! I figured I would need some sort of accessory that would be mine, a little signature style going on. Why not flowers? I want to get some really great headbands and scarves though too ...
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 10:15 pm

On this lovely day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and BE GLAD in it!!!!

I have a lot of hair news to share with you guys but I don't think I really wanna play catch up anymore. I'm ready to start sharing the here-and-now! Sooooooo I'll start with this: I put twists in my hair on February 1, 2010. I did them on wet hair and did them medium sized I would say.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo213
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo214

I wore my hair up in these medium sized twists for 2 days. Then I decided I wanted to try smaller twists (not mini twists. I don't have the patience!) so what I did was I put all my hair up in a ponytail holder. Then one by one I took my twists out of the holder and begin to retwists. But I made every twist into 2. This was done on DRY hair with a product that has shea butter and mineral oil in it (terrible I know! but it worked). Essentially all I did was double the amount of twists in my hair.
I really liked the smaller twists, even though I also love big, juicy ones too! I kinda felt like I had sister locs and it made me feel like I was super cool! lol and I could NOT keep my hands out of my hair

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo215
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo216
bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo217

After wearing the small/medium (or smedium) sized twists for another 3 days I wanted to try co washing my hair in twists. This is one of the best ideas I've ever had concerning my hair! lol so here's what the twists looked like wet.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Wet_tw10

I was in love!!! They looked a lot longer than I thought they would and I just really liked how they look wet. Of course they shrunk back up (but I love shrinkage so that didn't bother me at all) and I wore the twists for another day.

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Photo218

THEN this morning while I was reading an article for class, I decided to take the twists out. So I kept the twists in for an unprecedented (for me at least) 6 days! I know that's not a lot for most people but for me it's quite the feat!

bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Todays10

So that's how this story ends! At least until tomorrow bholmes87: twist challenge week 5!! Let's get it in! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 10:26 pm

It looks really good!! Love the twist out!!!

I use products with mineral oil in them too....MJ Baby buttercreme...It produces some of the best twist/twist out results I've have.

Congratulations on keeping your twist in 6 days. I am the same way!! I had mini twist last month and kept them in 7 days. I wanted to keep them longer and I probably could have but.....uh...yea, no good excuse.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 10:29 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:It looks really good!! Love the twist out!!!

I use products with mineral oil in them too....MJ Baby buttercreme...It produces some of the best twist/twist out results I've have.

Congratulations on keeping your twist in 6 days. I am the same way!! I had mini twist last month and kept them in 7 days. I wanted to keep them longer and I probably could have but.....uh...yea, no good excuse.

Thanks Lynn!!! I try not to use products with "bad" ingredients but I just buy what I can afford. If it works, I surely am gonna use it! lol

I saw your mini twists and they were so pretty! Sometimes that's just not enought to make you keep them in. No need for excuses cuz I understand! I just like for my hair to be out Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next