CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interracial love and natural hair

+19
Koily_K-Lo
MomnWife
blondie
jazz
aprilj90
HAMPTONSFNST
KinkySheaPT
Ameenah
knatural
lexibugg004
PaganWifey
cherece
Moonwalker733
Ambrosia
BajanPrincess82
LadyMika
Lynnieluve
adiaha
popsbaby
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

interracial - Interracial love and natural hair - Page 2 Empty confidence!

Post by sewdope 11th March 2010, 11:59 am

i think that people in general (regardless of race) respond to confidence. i've had my hair in many different styles and it's always been accepted by just about everyone. of course some may prefer a certain style on you but i've rarely had anyone say anything negative about my hair. and if they were saying negative things i really didn't notice because i was too wrapped up in my own world. i did get some naysayers in the beginning, but that was because i saw myself as unattractive so why would anyone else think of me as attractive? now, no one can tell me that i'm not the bomb dizzle!! lol i've had positive and negative reactions from both races. i don't like to jump on this bandwagon that white men or non-whites prefer anything black because sometimes people will say they like something about you just because they don't know what else to say. then as soon as you straighten your hair you get all sorts of praise and compliments.

my advice to anyone with a mate, whether they are black or white is to ROCK YOUR HAIR and LOVE it. loving your hair starts with you! you hooked your man most likely because of first the way you look. however, he stuck around because of who you are. don't forget... people respond to confidence and self-love more than they do to a particular style. that's my two cents. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sewdope
sewdope

http://members.fotki.com/sewdope

Back to top Go down

interracial - Interracial love and natural hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Interracial love and natural hair

Post by BohoStreet 13th March 2010, 1:01 am

Where I am I find that the white guys look in amazement, like what is that mass on her head? It's funny. We sexy, get with it, lol.
BohoStreet
BohoStreet

Back to top Go down

interracial - Interracial love and natural hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Interracial love and natural hair

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th March 2010, 1:14 pm

sewdope wrote:i think that people in general (regardless of race) respond to confidence. i've had my hair in many different styles and it's always been accepted by just about everyone. of course some may prefer a certain style on you but i've rarely had anyone say anything negative about my hair. and if they were saying negative things i really didn't notice because i was too wrapped up in my own world. i did get some naysayers in the beginning, but that was because i saw myself as unattractive so why would anyone else think of me as attractive? now, no one can tell me that i'm not the bomb dizzle!! lol i've had positive and negative reactions from both races. i don't like to jump on this bandwagon that white men or non-whites prefer anything black because sometimes people will say they like something about you just because they don't know what else to say. then as soon as you straighten your hair you get all sorts of praise and compliments.

my advice to anyone with a mate, whether they are black or white is to ROCK YOUR HAIR and LOVE it. loving your hair starts with you! you hooked your man most likely because of first the way you look. however, he stuck around because of who you are. don't forget... people respond to confidence and self-love more than they do to a particular style. that's my two cents. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
THANK YOU! I totally agree! This has been my experience also!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 28th March 2010, 8:17 pm

The guy Im with currently, I'd been with for 5 years before re-connected. He saw me through my Braids, Weaves.. Poor hair cuts, Perms.. Hair colour.. He rarely saw me without my weaves or braids though. But when he did I was always relaxed.

Since I've been natural He's seen my hair and loves it. I have to tell him to keep his hands off my head sometimes. He's also helped to give me the courage to go without my wigs.. (O.o i LOVE me some LF wigs.. but they were thinning my edges.. another topic..)

He too says he thinks im beautiful without my security wigs.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2