CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

+40
sunbaby
Nikcoils
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
Muz
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
coilykinks
CrissyQ
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
mochamoments
NubieNatty
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
Shauny
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
Mz. Thang
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Pinkrage
dsteh23
bholmes87
blondie
StephanieB
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
Freestyles
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
adiaha
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
KinkyNappyHappy
44 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:24 am

RoseBud wrote:hey lady, happy 6th months. i dont know if I said it or not (too lazy to go back through the thread). I cant wait to see your results. i will be back later.

Thanks RoseBud!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd May 2010, 12:30 am

Beautiful avatar!

I enjoyed seeing your hair journey the last few months and watching the video.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 12:36 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:NICE VIDEO!!

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT ON THE HENNA TX. YOU MAY NOT SEE RESULTS IMMEDIATELY. HENNA'S BENEFIT IS OVER SEVERAL USES, NOT JUST ONE APPLICATION. SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE A COLOR IN, YOU PROBABLY WON'T SEE THE COLOR DEPOSIT. THIS IS WHAT YOU WOULD INITIAL SEE ON THE FIRST TREATMENT.

HOW LONG DID YOU LEAVE THE MIX IN YOUR HAIR?

Well...I meant to leave it on for 5 hours, but I finish putting it on about 9:15pm and didn't take it off until 4am this morning. I kinda fell asleep....Sleep I jumped up...I was so scared to rinse it off..LOL

lol! can't wait to see pics
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 2:22 am

So when I left you last, I was headed to rinse out my dc..which I did for about 2hrs. I used EVCO and KBB Luscious Locks Moisturizing Hair Mask.

As I was rinsing my hair which I sealed with cold water...I felt a difference in my curls. So off to my room to see the true results.....(see below)

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0311

Now inside it didn't look like there was much color coverage; however, there were small curls all over the place. Where I had thought the henna treatment had loosen my curls the dc seem to bring back the curls and more. I don't know....since this is my first henna experience I really don't know what happened. So now I'm at a point where I don't know what to use to style my hair. I'm participating in the 30 product challenge so I had to use MiraCurl. I was some what confused by the results, because my curls were tight.....that was not what I expected!! (see below)

Before church
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0312

After church
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0313

(okay...I need y'all to stay focused on ME...third from the left and not my friend Angela with that big ole fro..LOL)

So as the day went on I wasn't feeling my curls because 1) they were real tight & 2) it seemed the curls got tighter as the day went one. I guess I'm getting the major shrinkage that most curlies experience.

Anyway....I attended a 3pm service because my son had to drill, and I don't know if I shared that I'm a matron. (which means I have to wear a uniform and HAT and all) see below

Me and one of the officers
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0314

In the pictures above, I was so NOT feeling these curls that I feel were induced by this henna treatment!! So when I got home I thought I would spray a little water on my hair to loosen the curls...right? No WRONG!!
That just created frizz.. so I co-washed and used Bumble and Bumble. I will have to say that I really like THAT product, but now as my hair has dried the curls are still tight!!Rolling Eyes

Curls I tried to loosen up by spraying water!!! Ladies...do NOT do that EVER!! No Can I say frizz!!!
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0317

Curls using Bumble & Bumble...nice and soft. If u use too much...tight and crunchy!!
KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0315

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Dsci0316

Henna Review:
For the most part I'm pleased with my henna results. I am very surprised at the fact that the henna had such a positive effect on my curls.

I don't have any cons/dislikes of henna. I do know that I will henna again; however, I'm just trying to figure out how to manage my curls now! I do know that my heavy hand with products probably played a major roll with my shrinkage!!!

I'm not the best with reviews, however, I would recommended henna to anyone that is natural!!

KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 3rd May 2010, 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a picture)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 3:29 am

great results and great pics!!!
I am so proud of you for taking on the experience of henna. SEE, I TOLD YOU THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF...... lol!

As you continue to use it, you will see more conditioning properties.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd May 2010, 3:42 am

i actually LOOOOVE ur henna results and that is the EXACT color/shade i want for my hair. its not too bright but it looks like a nice subtle classy color. what color was in ur hair before u henna'd?

as far as the tight coils...umm yea u n sweet definitely have major shrinkage. do a dry twist n twist out to stretch it and see how that goes.

lol, love the pics and yes my eyes immediately zoomed in on angie's fro...i like how u called me out on it, hahahahahaaaa!!

for the 30 day challenge; i think if u pretty much KNOW miracurl works for you, u can move on and try something different. i've been using my cd line for over 30 days and i can pretty much stamp it, that it works for me. my curls are incredibly soft STILL, so im bout ready to move on to my next line!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 6:17 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:great results and great pics!!!
I am so proud of you for taking on the experience of henna. SEE, I TOLD YOU THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF...... lol!

Thanks IB and you were right. I wonder if I would have had different results if I hadn't let my mixture sit for 24 hrs

So, as it relates to conditioning properties what should I expect. I can feel a little difference in ends; which previously felt a little weak. Now my ends feel some what (I don't know how to describe it) stronger? You know what I mean? scratch

Anyway....I really henna'ed so I could cover my grey, and THAT it did!!! dance

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 3rd May 2010, 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd May 2010, 6:22 am

I think your curls look good with the bumble and bumble. I didn't care for my henna results this time, but I think it's because it was more of a henna gloss than an actual treatment.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 6:47 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful avatar!

I enjoyed seeing your hair journey the last few months and watching the video.

Thanks Chrs...and I want you to know how much your journey and posts really helped me. I gained so much knowledge through your thread...just so you know you are the reason I decided to henna. I purchased my henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com which I found through your thread. The shipping was fast and I felt confident that I wouldn't have to worry about getting a bad batch.

Now since I did my henna a couple of my natural friends from church want to henna. I was WOW...I was so glad that someone was encouraged to do something through my results!! I couldn't have done this without all the information I'm obtaining through this forum!!!

So thanks to you as well Chrs!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 6:53 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I think your curls look good with the bumble and bumble. I didn't care for my henna results this time, but I think it's because it was more of a henna gloss than an actual treatment.

I really didn't know what to expect..so what results should I have noticed as it related to the actual treatment?

When I did a bentonite clay treatment I could tell the result of that treatment immediately; however, with the henna I only notice the color change and the change in my curl pattern. (which by the way is a very, very tight curls pattern which wasn't present before the henna...I'm not complaining trust me!!)

Thanks JnB...I like the bumble and bumble as well. (thanks to you I got mine from HEB KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Icon_wink )

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 3rd May 2010, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 7:03 am

NubieNatty wrote:i actually LOOOOVE ur henna results and that is the EXACT color/shade i want for my hair. its not too bright but it looks like a nice subtle classy color. what color was in ur hair before u henna'd?

as far as the tight coils...umm yea u n sweet definitely have major shrinkage. do a dry twist n twist out to stretch it and see how that goes.

lol, love the pics and yes my eyes immediately zoomed in on angie's fro...i like how u called me out on it, hahahahahaaaa!!

for the 30 day challenge; i think if u pretty much KNOW miracurl works for you, u can move on and try something different. i've been using my cd line for over 30 days and i can pretty much stamp it, that it works for me. my curls are incredibly soft STILL, so im bout ready to move on to my next line!

Hey Nubie...

I don't know the true color of my hair before the henna, but I used Carol Tone & Texture Honey Blonde and my hair turned Auburn, so I applied another color (lightest blonde by Carol as well) and that is the color I ended up with before I did my henna.

Yeah...I knew everyone would zoom in on Angela cause when I walked in church yesterday I was like WOW!!! That girl's hair is aways on point. The young lady next to Angie...LaQuita (sp?) hair is just as big, but she pats her hair down. The lady on the right side next to me Ginny...is natural as well; however, she been in conrows for about a month. Her hair is a nice length as well, but she hasn't found the miracle product for her hair just yet. Every time I see her she says "So what are you using on your hair now Ms. Deborah" LOL

Well...I do know that MiraCurl is a keeper...so I agree with you...lets move on to the next product!!! LOL

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 3rd May 2010, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 7:07 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Congrats on reaching 6 months KNH! I love the color of ur hair. KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Icon_smile I wasn't a fan of the loosening effects of henna either, especially at the top of my head. I never really had an issue with the dryness afterwards. I'm not sure if its the mix or that I deep condition for 24 hours afterward. I'll be checking back up on you for your final opinion.

Hey AfrikanLatina

I wanted to see what would happen with my curls through this entire process before I responded to you. After I did a dc...my curls were so tight you just would believe it!!! Also, after a 2 hr dc with heat the dryness is gone!!!

So I will add henna to my regiment as needed!!! LOL

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 3rd May 2010, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 7:13 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Thanks IB and yor were right. I wonder if I would have had different results if I hadn't let my mixture sit for 24 hrs

So, as it relates to conditioning properties what should I expect. I can feel a little difference in ends; which previously felt a little weak. Now my ends feel some what (I don't know how to describe it) stronger? You know what I mean? scratch

I don't think if you left it in longer you would have different results. That may be too long. I can do mine in 2 and half hours now with sitting under the heat dryer on medium for the half hour. But when I started I would go 10-12 hours. That is enough!!!LOL.

I did it initally during transition to cover my few gray strands as well. But the conditioning properties was a plus. The conditioning properties you should expect is stronger hair strands and a very nice sheen to the hair (natural hair has sheen not shine, we have to add the latter). I started out doing it every 2 weeks, alternating with amla powder treatments. Then I moved to once a month and now every 2 months. I just went with what my hair needed.

DID YOU GET THAT MELLOW FEELING AS THE HENNA WAS IN YOUR HAIR? I ALWAYS GET THAT. IT JUST RELAXES ME. SOME CURLIES DON'T EXPERIENCE THAT THOUGH.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 7:18 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Thanks IB and yor were right. I wonder if I would have had different results if I hadn't let my mixture sit for 24 hrs

I don't think if you left it in longer you would have different results. That may be too long. I can do mine in 2 and half hours now with sitting under the heat dryer on medium for the half hour. But when I started I would go 10-12 hours. That is enough!!!LOL.

I did it initally during transition to cover my few gray strands as well. But the conditioning properties was a plus. The conditioning properties you should expect is stronger hair strands and a very nice sheen to the hair (natural hair has sheen not shine, we have to add the latter). I started out doing it every 2 weeks, alternating with amla powder treatments. Then I moved to once a month and now every 2 months. I just went with what my hair needed.

DID YOU GET THAT MELLOW FEELING AS THE HENNA WAS IN YOUR HAIR? I ALWAYS GET THAT. IT JUST RELAXES ME. SOME CURLIES DON'T EXPERIENCE THAT THOUGH.

I must have been real mellow, because I only plan to let my henna stay on 5 hours. However, I feel asleep and ended up leaving it on about 7hrs. lol!

I will pay close attention to my hair the next week or so, and I will be able to determine from that how ofter I should henna. I do plan to alternate between henna and bentonite clay treatments!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd May 2010, 7:22 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

I must have been real mellow, because I only plan to let my henna stay on 5 hours. However, I feel asleep and ended up leaving it on about 7hrs. lol!

I will pay close attention to my hair the next week or so, and I will be able to determine from that how ofter I should henna. I do plan to alternate between henna and bentonite clay treatments!!

lol! oh yeah it mellowed you out alright...................... Laughing

NICE PLAN!!! YOU HAIR IS GOING TO BLOSSOM IN THE NEXT COMING MONTHS WITH ALL THAT GOOD TREATMENT. flower
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd May 2010, 9:22 am

Good Morning KNH,

How are we doing this Monday morning?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd May 2010, 9:34 am

Hey KNH, your hair looks good. You're so brave, I'm scared of henna. I about thought trying it a few times, but it seems like its a very serious, intensive process. Might be too much for me right now.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:06 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning KNH,

How are we doing this Monday morning?

Morning BBD~

Penny and I are doing great!!! So how are you and Bella doing?

I've been off the last 2 1/2 days so you know I've got to work like a Hebrew slave today!! LOL

I'll check on your style today in the twist challenge thread!!

Have a great one!!
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd May 2010, 12:08 pm

Hey did we ever get pics of the henna results?? *waving good morning*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:19 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey KNH, your hair looks good. You're so brave, I'm scared of henna. I about thought trying it a few times, but it seems like its a very serious, intensive process. Might be too much for me right now.

Hello QuiteButterfly~ (such a beautiful name)

I was a little apprehensive about doing henna for several reasons. However, I needed to do something to cover the grey in my temple area. I was concerned about the work or rather the long proces, but it is really a quite simple. Some say that henna can loosen your curl pattern. Well that did happen to me, but when I apply conditioner or rather dc...my curls were really beautiful and defined.

So now the task at hand trying to figure out what styling agent will give me the best wash&go. I'm a little heavy handed with the products...but now I have tight curls and major shrinkage!!! Isn't that a good problem..LOL

Welcome to the neighborhood, and I'll be stopping by your thread soon to read your story and enjoy your journey!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:21 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey did we ever get pics of the henna results?? *waving good morning*

Hey Sweet **waving back**

I posted pictures last night or rather real early this morning. I've got to stop posting when I'm sleepy....I really jacked up some words (spelling) KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd May 2010, 12:28 pm

I'm late, but I'm glad henna worked for you! Your hair looks B-E-A-U-tiful Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:52 pm

Good Morning~

Well...as expected I've got a lot of work waiting on me so I've got to get started in here...**blackeye peas**

I woke up this morning with my mine..on bumble & bumble and guess what? My hair was harrrrd!!! I'm sure its because I used too much of the B&B; so...I co-wash a couple of times because first I was going to do a puff, but I just couldn't stand that look on me today. So I co-washed again and tried my Curls products!!!!

I like it. My hair feels very soft see...

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Debora68

KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Debora69

My color is really shining on the pictures, but in person it looks a little dull and dry to me!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Confused KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Icon_scratch

Well it's all a process..... KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Icon_biggrin

SN: Please excuse my early morning postings..today I wasn't quite alert!! KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Lol

Hope everyone is having a great day, and I'll catch up on everyone's thread tonight!!

Be Blessed
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd May 2010, 12:53 pm

Muz wrote: I'm late, but I'm glad henna worked for you! Your hair looks B-E-A-U-tiful KinkyNappyHappy - YES!! YES!! YES!! For Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner!!!! - Page 39 Icon_smile

Hi Muz....

Thanks so much!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd May 2010, 12:59 pm

Hey, love the color and the curls. I am scared of henna personally so I think you are brave to have tried it. Hope your day is beautiful just like you and your hair. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next