CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess...

+19
BigLipTiff
Duchess52
naturallyu
nattynattie
NaturallyPrecious
swt_sunny
letha
Umph
Keisha
LoveZaporiah
Ladybird
Jo Somebody
crimsonpeach
Ambitious_Tiff
makeupvixen
BekkaPoo
Free2BMe :)
ajsimmons8
aliyakeys
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess... Empty I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess...

Post by aliyakeys 22nd March 2011, 9:25 pm

Dear Fellow Naturals, a few months ago my sister, Mom, and I took a trip to our local beauty supply. Being the product junkie that I am, I was ecstatic to be going and had been waiting aalnweek to go! So, I'd been watching over that week a bunch of Naturals on Youtube rave about this amazing product called " Eco Styler Gel". So I thought to myself," Sounds pretty cool. I think I'll buy it." While at the beauty supply I managed to convince my mother to buy the small 99 cent jar of Eco Styler. I couldn't help myself and couldnt wait to use it! So right when I got him, I put some on my edges and slicked it down and it was Nothing like I expected it to be; I was so mad. So now that my long story is over, how have your experiences with Eco Styler gel gone? By the way, I used the clear Eco Styler gel. God Bless, Aliyakeys ~ None so blind as those who will not see.
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess... Empty Re: I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess...

Post by ajsimmons8 22nd March 2011, 9:38 pm

I've used the Eco Olive Oil gel, with great results for my twist and twist out. In order to avoid the hard crunchies, I did have to coat my hair first with either my shea mixture or some oil.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess... Empty Re: I cannot stand this Eco Styler mess...

Post by Free2BMe :) 22nd March 2011, 9:51 pm

It worked well to define my curls, but it did NOTHING for my edges

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 23rd March 2011, 11:15 am

Also not a fan.. I gave mine away. But then again I have crap luck with gels in general.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 23rd March 2011, 11:29 am

I'm not a gel or styler gal. Most of my twists are done with a cream with hold like Oyin Shine and Define.

But I do have to say that I love my Olive Oil and my Argan Oil Eco Styler gels for buns. If you saw my last video about the curly nikki Los Angeles Curly Girl meetup I used Bear Fruits as a base with a lot of Argan Oil Eco Styler on top. Wrapped my slicked back pony with a scarf, created the bun and then removed the scarf.

Other than the bun I only really use Eco Styler on my ends of a wash n go.

I am experimenting with the Eco Styler Custard blend (eco styler with added oils and moisturizers) and it's coming out of. It just reminds me of a pudding, I already have puddings so I don't really need the blended custard.

Try using Eco Styler in different ways and see what happens. It's fun to play in products.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd March 2011, 1:10 pm

I've never tried Eco Styler but if its anything like IC Fantasia gel (extremely light), you may want to try smoothing it on on top of an oil (this method works great for me as well, ajsimmons8) then tying a scarf around your edges. Leave the scarf on long enough for it to "set" and you should be smooth but not crunchy. My edges love to try and put up a good fight but that always crushes the rebellion, lol. HTH! Razz
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 23rd March 2011, 1:54 pm

I mix the gel with oils and aloe vera gel to make "eco custard". I get the least amount of shrinkage when I use this mixture for my twist outs.

crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 23rd March 2011, 3:21 pm

I don't use gels, but I think maybe you should try it more than once before dismissing it! Maybe twist with it?
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 23rd March 2011, 4:40 pm

Yeah ..Eco Styler is not really good for laying down edges, but if you mix it with oil or make the Eco Custard it is ok for twist or twist out.

Not a big fan of gels but i am loving the Eco Custard.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 23rd March 2011, 5:01 pm

I'm not fond of Eco Styler either. But then again, U've yet to find a gel I truly like. None of them give me the desired effect.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 23rd March 2011, 6:34 pm

I love eco styler gel with olive oil. it slicks down my edges like no other. whether I use a brush or the palms of my hands to smooth my edges back, I always get sleek, smooth edges with great hold for the entire day. After smoothing down my hair, I tie on a silk scarf for about 30 minutes and that always help everytime.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 23rd March 2011, 7:46 pm

Keisha wrote:I love eco styler gel with olive oil. it slicks down my edges like no other. whether I use a brush or the palms of my hands to smooth my edges back, I always get sleek, smooth edges with great hold for the entire day. After smoothing down my hair, I tie on a silk scarf for about 30 minutes and that always help everytime.
Ditto! Works like a charm!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 23rd March 2011, 9:26 pm

I tried the clear, Argan Oil, olive oil one and the brown one and they all work.. I took some shea butter and mix it with the argan oil one and it works like a charm.. No frizzy hair or anything. Spray a little water on the edges and then lie it down with a scarf like some of the ladies suggested. My edges don't lie down with using a scarf.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 24th March 2011, 11:59 am

I agree w/ the ladies above. Tying a scarf over your hair after application is key!! I usually keep it on for 10-15 mins while im getting dressed, putting on makeup etc., the longer the better. I find that the scarf method works with about any product used to slick your hair back...it's really the scarf that is doing the work.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 24th March 2011, 3:03 pm

Umph wrote:
Keisha wrote:I love eco styler gel with olive oil. it slicks down my edges like no other. whether I use a brush or the palms of my hands to smooth my edges back, I always get sleek, smooth edges with great hold for the entire day. After smoothing down my hair, I tie on a silk scarf for about 30 minutes and that always help everytime.
Ditto! Works like a charm!
Ditto for me too! Slickness like no body's business!! Cool
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 24th March 2011, 3:18 pm

Works for my edges great. I use the olive oil eco styler.
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 26th March 2011, 11:44 pm

I love ecostyler gel but to be honest I only use it on my twists and rollerset styles. I haven't really tried to use it to slick down my hair. I prefer to use aloe vera gel to slick down my edges. I created this style with eco:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 27th March 2011, 12:17 am

naturallyu wrote:I love ecostyler gel but to be honest I only use it on my twists and rollerset styles. I haven't really tried to use it to slick down my hair. I prefer to use aloe vera gel to slick down my edges. I created this style with eco:

G O R G E O U S hair
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 27th March 2011, 11:15 am

Duchess52 wrote:
naturallyu wrote:I love ecostyler gel but to be honest I only use it on my twists and rollerset styles. I haven't really tried to use it to slick down my hair. I prefer to use aloe vera gel to slick down my edges. I created this style with eco:

G O R G E O U S hair

Thank you so much!! Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 27th March 2011, 11:31 am

Very pretty naturallyu!!!

I use my Eco styler to smooth my edges when I bun, but it only works on wet hair. Any other way it's useless.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 27th March 2011, 12:21 pm

I have a love hate relationship with it. It ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS leaves flakes in my hair. The ONLY WAY to get rid of the flakes is to wash my hair, or to REWET it the next day and brush it again.
I have heard using oil with it works, but for me using oil with it makes the flakes WORSE. and ugh, who wants to walk around with flakes in their hair. nasty.
BUT, it makes my eges wave up and "cooperate" really nicely. MUST USE a scarf......

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 27th March 2011, 12:47 pm

I usually put a rinse out conditioner rather than oil underneath. I just leave the conditioner in and apply the gel right over it.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 27th March 2011, 11:19 pm

I wasn't crazy about Eco Olive at first,
but have learned how to mix it
to work great on my nightly finger coils.

I use Qhemet BRBC first on hair
(but not everyday).

I mix Eco with F/X Curls Up and aloe vera juice
(enough to make it loose).
Then apply to each section and coil.

Comes out moisturized and curly!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by kulem 28th March 2011, 3:18 pm

I think someone else said this, but if you want it to work on your edges you have to put it on and then tie a scarf on for about 30-45 minutes and it will work like a dream.
kulem
kulem

Back to top Go down

Post by aliyakeys 28th March 2011, 11:34 pm

Ok, thank you thank you everybody! So all I have to do is slick some on my edges and tie it down with a scarf and it'll be all good?
Also, has anyone tried the clear Eco Styler? I feel almost like I'm the only one. Shocked
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next