CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pressured to wed

3 posters

Go down

Pressured to wed Empty Pressured to wed

Post by aprilly21 18th March 2011, 6:47 pm

I have been in a relationship for about 4 years, and I've always thought that we would marry and have a family. But now I find that I'm not looking forward to it as much. I'm finishing up graduate school and all I think of is a break, the process has been a challenge and a strain being alone in the U.S.
My bf says he wants a child next year. It's important to me to get married before starting a family. But I'm not sure that it's as important to him. BTW, I'm not after a big spectacle.My friends and family who are married are always asking when?

I'm aware that I don't have much time but at the same time I feel pressured. Having an advanced education, I'm often reminded that if I'm not careful I'll end up alone because men are put off. I am burned out and I'm not sure if I have the energy to do all this in the next few months. I've been feeling anxious and depressed the past couple weeks just thinking about it. I feel guilty for even feeling this way because this is what every woman is supposed to look forward to. To those who have walked this path before what advice do you have? What do you wish you knew or that someone had told you? Thank you.

aprilly21

Back to top Go down

Pressured to wed Empty Re: Pressured to wed

Post by Madeaj 18th March 2011, 8:53 pm

In the mood you are in, you can't make any major decisions right now. I am finishing up grad school right now and I understand the stress involved. You have so many major decisions to make and now you have people pressuring you to make an even bigger decision. One that will change your whole world.

My university has life counselors. Maybe you could see a counselor. Someone you can talk to face to face and who is not involved in trying to make you do something right now. I also don't buy into the threat that you will be alone if you don't act right now. This is your life, not a going out of business sale.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2011, 9:50 pm

I agree with Madeaj!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content