CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do??

2 posters

Go down

I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do?? Empty I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do??

Post by MissMoMoSa 16th March 2011, 2:07 am

I am tired of wearing weave, I used to hate it about 6yrs ago and now it is all I wear. I never show my real hair anymore and I hate the process. I want to go natural. I haven't permed my hair in months, enough for new growth to grow and I cut off all of the relaxed hair. I had a friend who is a stylist but she never was reliable to do my hair so I learned from her and books and online how to do my own hair. Of course, I ruined my sides and have been working to grow them back. I am so frustrated and ready to have my healthy hair back. it is about 4 inches now and my natural hair of course is curly and very hard to maintain. I have no idea what products to use on natural hair or even where to begin. I want to cut it all off, like to an inch amount of hair and wear it natural that way, a cute cropped cut. I am afraid for so many reasons which is stupid because I shouldn't be, it is just hair I just do not know how to do it nor have the money to go to a salon plus I love doing my own hair that way I have control over what happens to it. Any advice and products suggestions will help.

Thanx
You can email me suggestions and product info and other info you have for me at Missmomosa@gmail.com

MissMoMoSa

Back to top Go down

I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do?? Empty Re: I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do??

Post by Madeaj 16th March 2011, 3:46 am

Hi Missmomosa

I just posted in one of the other threads. Everybody's hair is so different it is hard to recommend a bunch of products. What works for one person is not going to work for everybody. When I went natural, I started with what I had on my shelf. Made note of the ingredients and anything that felt bad got a mark and I went on to the next thing. I have to admit I bought a few products that other natural ladies gave rave reviews to.

But I had to make a rule to never spend over a certain amount on any one hair product. Especially after ingredient comparisons showed that some expensive products had the same ingredient that the inexpensive products used.

Determine what type of hair you have, just as a guideline. Is it curly, zigzagy, straight, wavy or like mine a combination? How would you describe it? Soft, hard, tangly etc. My suggestion is to start at the lower end products and worked your way over.
Aussie Moist conditioner is a staple for many naturals. Look for sample sizes, although Aussie is very inexpensive.
Suave shampoo and conditioner. I use the ones with moisturizing, for dry hair or damaged hair as the description. The one that say volumizing left my hair too hard. The clarifying is good if you have product buildup and when preparing for a henna treatment.
VO5 another inexpensive brand.

Try sample sizes of expensive products, that way you won't spend $50 on something that doesn't work.
This is my opinion. There are NO miracle products. Nothing is going to grow 2 inches of hair in a month, at least not on your head. affraid If a brand is promising miracles for a high price, I say run not walk away.

Look at ingredients for products that give you the results you want.
Love your hair and do You.

HTH
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do?? Empty Re: I'm Going Natural and Frigthened at what to do??

Post by MissMoMoSa 16th March 2011, 4:28 am

Thank you! My hair is a mixture of curly and kinky (shrinks alot when wet). I have been doing some online research on diferent hairstyles and js finished trying a Dry-Out twist on myself, I did a pretty good job (YEY) now to see how it turns out..lol.

I used products I have in the house that I used on my natural straight hair, its an Italian Wax, pricey ($28) for a small container although i've had it for about 8 months now with months to go so, so far that works but I don't want to spend a lot of money on hair products. I will definitely get the shampoo's and things you mentioned, I know I am going to have to play around with a few things, so far the wax has been a stable in my hair care products and a specific styling mouse.

This is a big step for me to go all natural and not straight. No one has seen my natural hair in about 6 yrs, I am excited though to finally get rid of weave. I spent a $100 a month ago for curlyweave which was horrible, sew-d it in and took it out 9 days later, then brought straight hair for $40 bucks and took it out today, thats $140 alone in hair well add the $60 3 weeks before the $100 (YIKES writing it out doesnt look so good) so im tired of that routine and thinking I am not beautiful unless I have this straight fake hair flowing about.....thanx again!

MissMoMoSa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down