CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition inbetween style

4 posters

Go down

Transition inbetween style Empty Transition inbetween style

Post by FEISTY18 13th March 2011, 10:31 pm

I have decided to transition without doing a bc. The problem is that the back part of my hair is already natural. My last haircut/styel was back in October and I had the back shaved very close to my scalp, the the sides were short, and I had longeer sideswept bangs. Think of Janet Jackson's current hairstyle. I don't know what to do because my hair is 1/2 relaxer and 1/2 natural. What do you suggest? I tried doing a drawstring ponytail but that didn't work too well because I couldn't get the sides of my hair to stay geled down. Righ now I am doing roller sets on the perm/coldwave rods.

FEISTY18

Back to top Go down

Transition inbetween style Empty Re: Transition inbetween style

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 10:51 am

Have you considered getting braids/twists with extensions or half wigs?
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by FEISTY18 14th March 2011, 10:42 pm

I have thought about braids. Wigs,both 1/2 and whole won't work for me. I get hot easily and I exercise several times a week and I sweat in my head.(sounds like some one's grannie!). It is about to get hot and humid here in st louis mo and I wouldn't be able to take it. I will try the drawstring ponytail again when I figure out what will hold my hair down really well for more than one day.

FEISTY18

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 15th March 2011, 1:19 pm

I just saw this video over the weekend on you tube.. I can't access it here at work or I would get you the link.. But she shows you how to get a sleek ponytail while transitioning. Maybe with her technique you can get a ponytail.. Also are you putting a scarf over your hair after you gel it I find that helps with making my hair lie down better.

Search "getting a sleek ponytail on transitioning hair" The product she uses along with gel is Elasta QP Feels like silk its a styling gel..

I tried this Sunday night and woke up monday with a nice sleek pony tail my hair is thick and getting harder to get it look neat in my ponytail but doing what she suggested helped a lot.

While you are looking at that search for transitioning hairstyles you might come up with some nice styles.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by FEISTY18 15th March 2011, 9:04 pm

Thanks Letha! I will check this out tonight. It would be handy seeing as my sets with the perm rods aren't really lasting past about 3 days. they get frizzy and bedraggled looking. I think I need to put some type of setting gel on my hair along with setting lotion when doing this

FEISTY18

Back to top Go down

Post by foreverfashionista 19th March 2011, 11:22 pm

I'm 8 months into my transition, just washed my hair, it's basically an air dried mess right now, and idk what to do to style it. Twist-outs have been a fail lately. Sad And the edges thing totally hear you, can't get mine to stay down no matter what. And coincidence, my nape is fully natural lol (broke off permed ends though).

foreverfashionista

Back to top Go down

Post by FEISTY18 22nd March 2011, 12:22 pm

Thanks for the info! I think I am basically headed toward doing a bc. Going to give it until about mid-May and see how I feel. It is warming up here in st louis and i actually flat ironed it last week because I need to get my ends clipped, and thought it seemed like my head was hot all the time, like there was too much hair up there. I have been wearing a flexi rod set and will probably go back to that.

FEISTY18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down