CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

+11
v3tt3
Luscious Mahogany
naturallynola
smaddox
Atasteofcaramel
naturalqtpy
Sebastain13
WalkingInDestiny
MsArabia
yldthng
amchang
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES??  KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie?? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

Post by Luscious Mahogany 14th March 2011, 10:33 pm

@yldthng Yes it does I love it!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES??  KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie?? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

Post by amchang 15th March 2011, 5:32 am

yldthng wrote:So . . . I've been using my SheaMoisture CE Smoothie for the last 3 days. I really like how moisturizing this stuff is.

Hey yldthng, would you say the Smoothie was more moisturizing than the KCCC?
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 15th March 2011, 11:47 am

amchang wrote:
yldthng wrote:So . . . I've been using my SheaMoisture CE Smoothie for the last 3 days. I really like how moisturizing this stuff is.

Hey yldthng, would you say the Smoothie was more moisturizing than the KCCC?

Yes, it is definitely more moisturizing than the KCCC. Don't get me wrong - I love the KCCC, but the more I use the CE Smoothie, the more I really, really like it.

This is my hair today - I didn't wash this morning - I just let the steam in the shower moisten my hair, added some Qhemets Balm after I got out of the shower, misted with a little water/EVOO, and added a little more SheaMoisture Curling Smoothie.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I normally run my fingers through my hair once it dries to to separate my curls and minimize that scalpy look, but I haven't done that yet today. See how moisturized it looks - and it's not greasy - just not dry.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 15th March 2011, 3:02 pm

@yldthng. Does the Smoothie leave that little build up that KCCC does? And what's your routine to retain moisture?
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 15th March 2011, 3:30 pm

amchang wrote:@yldthng. Does the Smoothie leave that little build up that KCCC does? And what's your routine to retain moisture?

I haven't noticed any buildup at all - and I've been using it every day since Saturday. I think a lot of it has to do with figuring out how much product is right for your hair. With all the products I use for curl defining, I've learned to use a little and add to it, as opposed to putting on too much to begin with. I find that works better for me. When I first got the SM Smoothie, I didn't really like it, but it's because I was using too much of it.

As far as moisturizing, I'm straight wash -n- go. I wash in the shower, use a conditioner, rinse it out. Once out, I use Kinky Curly Knot Today or Herbal Essenses Hello Hydration as my leave in. I then seal with coconut oil or my Qhemets Hydrating Balm (usually the balm). Then I add my curl definer and manipulate my curls like I want. Then I just leave it alone until it dries. Depending on what product I use to define my curls, sometimes I mist it at least once during the day with my water/EVOO mixture. I have not misted my hair during the day since Saturday since I've been using the SM Smoothie every day.

yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 16th March 2011, 11:35 am

What curl define r do you use Ms. yldthng!?
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 16th March 2011, 11:43 am

v3tt3 wrote:What curl define r do you use Ms. yldthng!?

Right now I'm using my SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

I decided to try to use everything I have for a week - so I've been using the SM CES since Saturday. This morning, I rinsed my hair, used about a quarter size dollop of my KKKT and HEHH mixture as my leave in, used my Qhemets Hydrating Balm to seal, then used about a quarter size dollop of the SM CES. Perfect curls again!

I tend to over apply everything - heck, I'm 46 and still cook too much spaghetti - so I'm always adding "just a little more". I'm very slowly learning that with this natural hair game (at least with MY hair), less is more. Less works better.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 16th March 2011, 5:38 pm

@yldthng what is HEHH?
I may go out and buy my Shea smoothie today if it's in stock. I found out I have to buy new shampoo and conditioner. Design Essentials is FULL of silicones!! Like at least three different types of silicones per product! I want to try something more natural. My hair feels pretty soft but it could be healthier if I use more natural products. I was trying to use up my Design Essentials before I bought anything else, but...I'll just tell my husband to use it. Haha
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 16th March 2011, 6:23 pm

amchang wrote:@yldthng what is HEHH?

HEHH is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. I use it as a leave-in. Some days I mix it with my KKKT. Many curlies use it.

Not all silicones are bad - the dimethicone is not a bad one.

Ingredients of HEHH: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Milk (Coconut), Fragrance (Parfum), Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA (Ethylenediamine-Tetra-Acetic Acid), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 23rd March 2011, 12:22 pm

The shea moistue curl enhancing smoothie is a staple product of mine. It moisturizes my thirsty curls and adds softness. I use it on my coil and twist outs. I recently bought KKKC and KKKT but haven't used them yet. I wanted to try these products for a wash and go.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 24th March 2011, 10:18 am

KCCC doesnt really do any moisturizing for my hair, if anything using the Knot Today underneath is what does the moisturizing for me. I prefer the curl enhancing smoothie because i can do SO much more with it than I can with the KCCC.
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 24th March 2011, 12:11 pm

@Brownskindiva, I do agree the KCKT does the moisturizing, I haven't found that the KCCC moisturizes at all just define the curls moreso, but I do still like it!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 25th March 2011, 7:39 pm

@kelleemudiva, BrownSkinDiva, and Luscious Mahogany. I've been using the Shea Moisture for a straight week and my hair seems to take really well to it. It doesn't define the curl as much as the KCCC but I love the softness. I used KCCC the week I was in L.A. and I liked it but it left my hair a little more stiff. Healthy hair is more important to me than looks right now, so I'm leaning more towards the Shea Moisture. Maybe when my hair gets more length I'll indulge in the curling custard to get a good curl.
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 25th March 2011, 8:07 pm

@amchang - I find that if I smooth my hair in sections with my hand (much like the motion you use when you apply relaxer) - it makes my curls do like ribbon does when you rake a piece along a straight edge.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 26th March 2011, 9:24 am

I'm loving the KCCC for wng's and if it feels a little crunchy, I'll use the KC pomade to soften it up - it works great and a little goes a long way. I've been able to go an entire week with my wng and if i need to refresh my curls, I'll the KC Spritz on a section and rake it through, let it dry and then apply the pomade - voila! It took a long time for me to "master" the custard and I was almost ready to give up on it, but I'm so glad I didn't.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 26th March 2011, 7:36 pm

@yldthng - you're referring to the Shea Moisture? And my hair may not be long enough to do that on yet but I'll give it a try!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKay 29th March 2011, 10:42 pm

Hi-

I BC'd about 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have been using the KT and KCCC system. I think that it is okay, but I find that I have to do extra to retain moisture and then the KCCC makes my hair hard....uuugghhh!!! Kinda like a gel...which I hate that crunchy feeling. It defines most of my curls with the exception of the left side of head...its like frizzy,straight looking...idk why.

Is there something out there that defines curls but doesn't leave a crunchy feeling while retaining moisture?

Also, is KCCC not doing its job on the left side of my head or is my hair just weirdly straight on that side?

Can anyone help me determine my hair type?

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img]url=https://servimg.com/view/16295046/9][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][/img]

[img]url=https://servimg.com/view/16295046/10][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][/img]
KurlyKay
KurlyKay

http://Not Yet...but soon to come!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 29th March 2011, 11:25 pm

@KurlyKay - It's too soon to tell what type of hair you have. Many of us have multiple types. Your "straight" part is probably just a looser curl pattern section of your hair. I BC'd last month, and as my hair grows, I'm noticing differences in the texture in my crown.

I use KCCC a few times a week - used it today actually. If you look at the label of the KCCC, you will notice that it IS a gel. If you put some type of oil on your hair before the KCCC, it won't be crunchy.

There are lots of curl definers out there - other than the KCCC, I like the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Curls Creme Brule. Neither of those are gels - so there is no crunch involved.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2