CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much water???

2 posters

Go down

Too much water??? Empty Too much water???

Post by shortnsweet 28th February 2011, 6:24 pm

i'm in the market for a refresher without having to add water. i have a spritz bottle that has a cheap condish, distilled water, and a couple oils. i live in detroit so i was curious if i shud opt-out of the water method...but most refresher contain glycerin and i heard thats a no-no when its cold...im so confused confused help me please ladies...
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Too much water??? Empty Re: Too much water???

Post by infamous doll 7th March 2011, 11:23 am

Girl Im from where you are hence my location lol ummhmm. Anyway, sometimes honestly, you cannot avoid glycerin what so ever, so just try to double up with the moisture. Like I use one item with glycerin in it (not often) which is the s-curl activator (DONT JUDGE ME) I hate it because it is drying now but I tend to wet with water really good, maybe put my shea moisture coconut and hibiscus conditioning milk then saturate with Scurl then use EVOO cause plain coconut oil doesnt agree with me very much (to me this process is just too much and can cause build up, I dont do it often at all). But anywho, I say do what works for you hair. Stick to the mixture but add more moisture to it. I do that mixture (in the bottle) also but I do it in steps because I find that the oil in the bottle over powers and tends to block the moisture out. I know we been having some wintery mess outside so I try to put a nice amount of moisture on before the sealing. I know this didnt help much but I wanted to respond because I know your pain. Seem like alot of people be from Cali and they could use glycerin year long, must be nice. Btw when it do get warmer, try Oyin juices and berries, I heard that was very good at moisturizing
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 7th March 2011, 1:24 pm

thanks! its always good to hear from a fellow natural michigander lol i defin wanna try the oyin juices and berries...i have heard nothing but good things but the glycerin turned me away. ive been hearing alot of naturals say as long as glycerin is towards the bottom it shouldnt be as bad. water/moisture is the key! im still a 'newbie' so im still in the learing stages study LOL
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous doll 7th March 2011, 1:36 pm

shortnsweet wrote:thanks! its always good to hear from a fellow natural michigander lol i defin wanna try the oyin juices and berries...i have heard nothing but good things but the glycerin turned me away. ive been hearing alot of naturals say as long as glycerin is towards the bottom it shouldnt be as bad. water/moisture is the key! im still a 'newbie' so im still in the learing stages study LOL

Girl me too, Im transitioning, dont let the long flowing weave in the pro pic fool ya. Whats under it doesnt look nowhere near it lol. But good luck on your search and thanks for the tip as in glycerin can be towards the bottom. I cant wait to get my hands on the Oyin
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 7th March 2011, 1:47 pm

if you try it before i do...let me know how it works!!
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous doll 7th March 2011, 1:51 pm

sure will and Ill let ya know about the oyin burnt sugar pomade
infamous doll
infamous doll

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 7th March 2011, 2:00 pm

sounds great!
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down