CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deep conditioners! any sugestions?!

5 posters

Go down

conditioners - deep conditioners! any sugestions?! Empty deep conditioners! any sugestions?!

Post by tiatj 27th November 2010, 9:51 pm

I have yet to find my ideal deep conditioner. I have 4a/4b hair that is SUPER thick. Any suggestions?
tiatj
tiatj

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1116420078

Back to top Go down

conditioners - deep conditioners! any sugestions?! Empty Re: deep conditioners! any sugestions?!

Post by naturallynola 27th November 2010, 10:18 pm

Hi tiatj, There are several threads with suggestions on conditioners. type "deep conditioner" "conditioner" "deep treatment" and you will have access to alot of feedback. Good luck!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

conditioners - deep conditioners! any sugestions?! Empty Re: deep conditioners! any sugestions?!

Post by queenshakirah 28th November 2010, 3:40 pm

So far, I've found aubrey organics honeysuckle rose to be pretty good on my 4a hair.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 28th November 2010, 4:10 pm

does that contain protein because I am protein sensitive?
tiatj
tiatj

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 28th November 2010, 4:13 pm

Nope, none at all. And it's all natural.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 28th November 2010, 4:32 pm

oh great. thanks!
tiatj
tiatj

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 28th November 2010, 5:41 pm

does that contain protein because I am protein sensitive?

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose does contain protein. Wheat germ oil is a vegetable protein and it is the fourth ingredient listed on the label.
Some other ingredients to avoid are keratin, collagen, amino acids, almond, soy and avocado. You may be sensitive to a particular type of protein. I mention this because there are people who cannot use Aubrey Organics(most types have wheat protein) but have success with Giovanni Direct Leave-In which contains soy.

Last edited by FalconTress on 28th November 2010, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add list of proteins & comment.)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 28th November 2010, 6:05 pm

alright, i thought I heard it contained protein.

I've used the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie with wheat protein and my hair did not like it so maybe it's just that one type. thanks for this list of proteins! Guess I need to find out what all types of protein my hair doesn't like now.
tiatj
tiatj

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 29th November 2010, 11:34 am

Oooohh, good to know! I was unaware. Sorry about that!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 29th November 2010, 11:10 pm

Have you tried shea moisture deep treatment masque? I'm pretty sure that's protein free.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 2nd December 2010, 12:04 am

Yeah thanks for the list. I new my hair didn't like any Aubrey Organics. Now I no why. I will keep this list handy. I also have 4a/4b hair and it doesn't like Giovanni products.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down