CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep conditioners!!

+16
BreezyBaby
QueenSheba
BattleKat
misskris
CocaColaCutie
kelleemudiva
CarlaAR
ethomasFL
Emartini04
CurlyNMixed
WilliT0206
sweetdrk1
noelleartemis
CSI
LittleOne
bholmes87
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

conditioners - Deep conditioners!! Empty Deep conditioners!!

Post by bholmes87 18th November 2010, 3:24 am

Please do tell about how you make deep conditioners! My hair is not a fan of protein so I don't use too much of it. Are there any homemade deep treatments that give a ton of moisture and smell delicious? That's one of the things in my regimen that I need to make a staple because right now I don't have a DT that I love
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

conditioners - Deep conditioners!! Empty Re: Deep conditioners!!

Post by LittleOne 19th November 2010, 1:55 pm

I'm sure there will be some responses offering homemade recipes, but I've found my hair is happier with high quality store bought products. I use homemade stuff to moisturize though.

This article is helpful....
http://www.hairliberty.org/black-hair-care/articles/hair-care-secrets/deep-conditioning.html

Also check out Conditioners for Natural Hair in the shop.

Good luck!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 19th November 2010, 10:10 pm

I use a cheap conditioner mixed with with EVOO and honey. the store bought ones haven't been able to win me over yet so I gave up Smile You can also add coconut milk sometimes. sit under a heating cap 30 minutes and beautiful, soft hair Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by noelleartemis 21st November 2010, 5:07 pm

I love using honey and EVOO. I mix 1 tbs oil to 2 tbs honey. Put it on my hair from root to tip. Wrap in a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. My hair is so so soft after doing this. I have really coarse hair.
noelleartemis
noelleartemis

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st November 2010, 10:59 pm

CSI wrote:I use a cheap conditioner mixed with with EVOO and honey. the store bought ones haven't been able to win me over yet so I gave up Smile You can also add coconut milk sometimes. sit under a heating cap 30 minutes and beautiful, soft hair Smile

noelleartemis wrote:I love using honey and EVOO. I mix 1 tbs oil to 2 tbs honey. Put it on my hair from root to tip. Wrap in a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. My hair is so so soft after doing this. I have really coarse hair.
What they said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliT0206 22nd November 2010, 3:06 pm

Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose works really well with honey and EVOO as a deep conditioner. Put on a plastic cap and/or sit under the dry and rinse well.

HTH
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 23rd November 2010, 8:17 pm

I just did a DC with Yes to Tomatoes, honey and EVOO. I used maybe 2 TBSP of the YTT and a TBSP of each the honey and EVOO. I covered my hair with a thermal cap and cleaned the house for about an hour. After I rinsed the DC out with warm water I added more YTT and massaged my scalp then rinsed with really cold water. My hair is sooo soft. I think I'll start doing this weekly.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th November 2010, 12:05 pm

Ive recently mixed up some Trader Joes Nourish and Spa .. EVOO .. and EVCO left my hair very shiny and moisturized!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by ethomasFL 28th November 2010, 1:08 am

I just did a DC on my husband's hair to see how it would turn out before trying it on my own hair Smile I used Aussie 3 minute miracle, mixed with honey and EVOO. It smelled really good and I warmed it up in the microwave for a few seconds. My hubby doesn't have much hair but his scalp is always so dry. It was very nice and made his hair super soft. I also want to try doing the same thing but instead of using Aussie, I want to try Giovanni Smooth as silk, and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to see which I like most. I hear the Aubrey Organics is good too so I might try that one day. I also really want to try Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, I hear it gets good reviews (along with the shampoo).
ethomasFL
ethomasFL

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 30th November 2010, 11:16 pm

I usually mix a cheap, protein free conditioner with honey, coconut oil, olive oil, hemp seed oil and a little butter (shea or cupuacu) with it.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 13th December 2010, 3:28 pm

I just tried this mix yesterday and my hair is so moisturized no need to add any moisturizer today and possibly tomorrow. FYI, coconut milk I believe is a mild protein, which will address breakage and shedding isses I have been having. I haven't used a protein in my conditioner until now but my hair really liked it. The Banana Smoothie deep conditioner:

1 container of banana baby food
2 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 tablespoon of shea butter
1 teaspoon of avocado oil
Q teaspoon of sweet almond oil
2 tablespoon of aloe vera juice

I allowed this to sit on for an hour under the dryer and rinsed. My hair feels great. Very Happy
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 13th December 2010, 3:39 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:I just tried this mix yesterday and my hair is so moisturized no need to add any moisturizer today and possibly tomorrow. FYI, coconut milk I believe is a mild protein, which will address breakage and shedding isses I have been having. I haven't used a protein in my conditioner until now but my hair really liked it. The Banana Smoothie deep conditioner:

2 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of coconut milk

I allowed this to sit on for an hour under the dryer and rinsed. My hair feels great. Very Happy

I'm so saving this for future reference--meaning when I'm not to lazy to actually DC. LOL. Thanks for sharing!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 6:41 pm

I haven't seen avocado oil in any stores. Other than online where could I find it?
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 13th December 2010, 6:55 pm

misskris wrote:I haven't seen avocado oil in any stores. Other than online where could I find it?

Hey Misskriss! I found my first bottle of avocado oil at Sprouts Farmers Market. They might have some at Whole Foods too, but I'm not sure. They also carry Olivado brand Avocado Oil at the fancy Ralphs grocery store near my home...I think it's called Kroger in your area. It was more expensive there than online though, so I didn't bother.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 13th December 2010, 7:04 pm

P.S. There is no huge difference between avocado oil and olive oil when it comes to your hair. Especially, if you're making a mix like kelleemudiva's, which only calls for 1 little teaspoon. Save yourself some money!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 10:37 pm

Hey LittleOne. Thanks for the info and the tip. I sure went to Kroger this evening and looked for some and didn't see any. But i probably should have gone into their health/natural food section. They probably ahd it there. But if it's about the same as evoo than I will save my money!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 14th December 2010, 12:31 am

I read in another post a list of products that you should stay away from if your hair does not like protein is Aubrey's Organics, Giovonni, keratin, collagen, amino acids, almond, soy & avacado and wheat germ oil.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 15th December 2010, 1:46 am

misskriss-try publix.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 15th December 2010, 3:15 am

CarlaAR wrote:I usually mix a cheap, protein free conditioner with honey, coconut oil, olive oil, hemp seed oil and a little butter (shea or cupuacu) with it.

Wow! That sounds like a great mix!

For me, for when I want to get a deep condition (softer, more moisturized hair), I wash my hair, slather a regular ol' cheapie conditioner (ex. Suave coconut), comb through and then I take a dime to quarter-sized amount of castor oil and smooth it over my hair. A shower cap, 30 minutes and warm rinse later, my hair feels great!
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy V. 12th January 2011, 9:55 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:I just tried this mix yesterday and my hair is so moisturized no need to add any moisturizer today and possibly tomorrow. FYI, coconut milk I believe is a mild protein, which will address breakage and shedding isses I have been having. I haven't used a protein in my conditioner until now but my hair really liked it. The Banana Smoothie deep conditioner:

2 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of coconut milk

This mix sounds so awesome! I must try it sometime soon!
Amy V.
Amy V.

http://avbeautycentral.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 17th January 2011, 10:54 pm

I did a DC on friday with:

a small jar of banana baby food
1 tbs of EVOO cold pressed
1 tbs of coconut oil (LOVE IT)
1 tbs of honey

heated au bain marie en whisked it untill light and fluffy.
Kept the DC in overnight, rinsed it out and styled with Hollywood Olive oil cream and a 'normal' amount of ORS Lock and Twist gel

My hair did NOT like this at all. It felt dry and rough....not hard....

This morning I pre-pooed with coconut oil, co-washed with ORS replenishing conditioner, rinsed with ACV and for styling used only a little bit of coconut oil and some ORS Lock and Twist gel.
My hair is sooooooo soft. I LUV IT!!!

conditioners - Deep conditioners!! Img_7810

conditioners - Deep conditioners!! Img_7811

Last edited by Duchess52 on 17th January 2011, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add pictures)
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 17th January 2011, 10:59 pm

I am not going to edit my last post....but I forgot to mention that I did a roller set.
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 20th January 2011, 3:51 pm

ethomasFL wrote:I just did a DC on my husband's hair to see how it would turn out before trying it on my own hair Smile I used Aussie 3 minute miracle, mixed with honey and EVOO. It smelled really good and I warmed it up in the microwave for a few seconds. My hubby doesn't have much hair but his scalp is always so dry. It was very nice and made his hair super soft. I also want to try doing the same thing but instead of using Aussie, I want to try Giovanni Smooth as silk, and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to see which I like most. I hear the Aubrey Organics is good too so I might try that one day. I also really want to try Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, I hear it gets good reviews (along with the shampoo).

I LOVE Aussie 3minute Miracle think Ill try this receipe next week!!! Laughing
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by Kthaler10 28th January 2011, 6:33 pm

Hello Brittany LOVE Smile

I LOVE banana masks! I use:

*2 fully mashed (blended) bananas
*olive oil
*tea tree oil

I apply this on my hair after washing. Let it sit for 15-30 min. I rinse thoroughly and then condition! It makes my hair feel sooo smooth and light. Be careful though because if you don't mash the banana all the way, you WILL have banana chunks in your hair lol -been there done it haha

Also I love to warm oil rinse as a type of deep conditioning. It helps nourish and restore some moisture. I do it after I shampoo so it helps my hair to feel lesss stripped. In my experience it works better than a hot oil treatment.

Coconut milk is always lovely as a quick one for me too! I add some oil to it Smile
Kthaler10
Kthaler10

http://www.kendrathaler-hair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 28th January 2011, 6:37 pm

Kthaler10 wrote:Hello Brittany LOVE Smile

I LOVE banana masks! I use:

*2 fully mashed (blended) bananas
*olive oil
*tea tree oil

I apply this on my hair after washing. Let it sit for 15-30 min. I rinse thoroughly and then condition! It makes my hair feel sooo smooth and light. Be careful though because if you don't mash the banana all the way, you WILL have banana chunks in your hair lol -been there done it haha

Also I love to warm oil rinse as a type of deep conditioning. It helps nourish and restore some moisture. I do it after I shampoo so it helps my hair to feel lesss stripped. In my experience it works better than a hot oil treatment.

Coconut milk is always lovely as a quick one for me too! I add some oil to it Smile

I will try the banana! Maybe putting it in a blender or food processor would help mash it. Also, maybe putting it in the fridge for a day or two so it can very ripe and soft...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next