CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leave-in Conditioners

+23
jcanalena79
BekkaPoo
LadyMika
EmbracingNaturalMe
BrownSkinDiva
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
tiashaunteƩ
iri9109
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
SisterBoyd
natural83
MissFierce21
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
DreamMerchant
Chef Lucy
Sequoia
Lynnieluve
bholmes87
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

conditioners - Leave-in Conditioners - Page 2 Empty Re: Leave-in Conditioners

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th May 2010, 7:40 am

At first I wasnt impressed with the Giovanni Direct Leave In but thats because I was using it in a way that wasnt capitalizing on getting the most moisture out of the product for my hair...I love it now...I use it after I cowash and then I put some of my shea butter mixture on top and BAM im good to go!! lol

I also like the knot today but it is a little costly...and Im not too too impressed with it...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 9:16 pm

Great suggestions ladies!!! I'll definitely be trying anything that is affordable and practical for me to try Wink
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 4th May 2010, 10:01 pm

So many people have raved about Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In so when I spotted it at a local Asian owned beauty supply store, I grabbed it. I got it for $7.99. I hope it works for me.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th May 2010, 9:58 am

I use KCKT (Knot Today) mixed with water and an essential oil. Gypsy (my hair) LOVES it. It also helps me stretch this stuff because $12 ($12.99 in Ricky's NYC anyway) is a bit much to spend on a leave-in. Especially since Gyspy EATS products. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 5th May 2010, 10:15 am

I just use my regular co-wash as leave-in. So it could be Suave Naturals Tangerine, Nature's Gate, or Herbal Essences Curls and Waves, along with a touch of shea butter or olive oil.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 5th May 2010, 1:09 pm

BekkaPoo wrote:I just use my regular co-wash as leave-in. So it could be Suave Naturals Tangerine, Nature's Gate, or Herbal Essences Curls and Waves, along with a touch of shea butter or olive oil.

I've recently made this discovery ... since I have to partially rinse my leave-in anyway (or else it will make my hair hard). I'm going to use up the leave-ins I have now then I'm just going to stick with using my regular co-wash conditioners as leave-ins (partial rinse-out).
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 5th May 2010, 1:21 pm

I can't wait to try the Knot Today that I won as a leave in. It should be arriving any day now. I also need to look into the Giovanni Direct Leave In. I love the SAS but I've never been able to find the big 32 oz size locally and I go through the smaller size so quick!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 29th May 2010, 5:10 pm

*bumping* I was just going to post a topic like this, but did a search and found this one. It's funny that I forgot about it because I replied to it ~lol~ But yeah, I need some more suggestions on leave-ins. Giovanni seems to have the most support. . .
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th May 2010, 5:24 pm

My hair likes alba leave-in. I wish I could find bigger tubes of that stuff though. Or if they put it in a pump bottle that would be swwweet!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th May 2010, 6:08 pm

Muz wrote:*bumping* I was just going to post a topic like this, but did a search and found this one. It's funny that I forgot about it because I replied to it ~lol~ But yeah, I need some more suggestions on leave-ins. Giovanni seems to have the most support. . .
LOL well great minds think alike! Razz

I want to try Giovanni as well as SheaMoisure leave-in. I also saw Kimmaytube's leave-in mixture and I want to try that as well ...
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th May 2010, 10:26 pm

EmbracingNaturalMe wrote:So many people have raved about Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In so when I spotted it at a local Asian owned beauty supply store, I grabbed it. I got it for $7.99. I hope it works for me.

I plan to pick some of this up. Saw in in the local BSS but wasn't sure if it was the right product. Definitely plan to purchase...tomorrow.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 29th May 2010, 10:39 pm

I've only been using my regular cowash conditioners as a leave-in: HE TT, HE HH, TJ TTT, Desert Essence Green Apple & Ginger. For me, any regular rinse condish works well as a leave-in. I add it before I get out of the shower and let the water rinse through my hair once or twice and that's it.

I have, however, ordered Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave-In and Mixed Chicks Leave-In, so I'll see how those work for me in the coming weeks. *I've noticed with my hair that adding too many more products on top of my leave-in produce a whitish residue that eventually disappears, but that I don't like if I'm in a hurry.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2