CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural

+60
atangledmess
j. kinky
Freestyles
jaybella
funkyhairchic
mizcreativelyme
blondie
Treece
kim
BajanPrincess82
thetiffany
freckledmom4
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
Cherry: extraordinary!
Keisha
Hurricane Curly
NhappyJackie
krazy coils
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
jlowman1
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
swoodward
NaturalNixon
CocoEuro
TMS
NylaCoils
LadyMika
Nikcoils
crvng4mr
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
Muz
sunbaby
MahoganyCurls
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
poeticlyspkng
Mz. Thang
neethair
SisterBoyd
Serenity23
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
tiashaunteé
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
jcanalena79
Juices-n-Berries
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
64 posters

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 1:30 pm

OMG your doggie is sooo cute!

I don't know what's going on with that tangle teezer. I hope you are able to get your hands on one. My mom is in ATL and when she went to her Sally's they told her that they don't carry it anymore because it wasn't selling well. I just ordered one and had it shipped to her house. I can't wait for her to get it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Empty Re: BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 2:57 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:OMG your doggie is sooo cute!

I don't know what's going on with that tangle teezer. I hope you are able to get your hands on one. My mom is in ATL and when she went to her Sally's they told her that they don't carry it anymore because it wasn't selling well. I just ordered one and had it shipped to her house. I can't wait for her to get it!

Yeah, I can order one too, but I hate paying shipping costs. I'm gonna call Sally's now to see if they are in stock.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 3:17 pm

Hey Ladies,

I want to invest in a good hand-held blow dryer - with diffuser attachment - or I can buy that separately if need be I don't want to spend an arm and a leg - but I would like a good quality dryer - which is good for natural hair.

Can you offer any recommendations?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 4:47 pm

I have the Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair™ Hair Styler and I love it!!

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Conair11

It was like $40 at Wal-Mart.

Features per their website:

Features

* 1875 watts
* Ionic technology
* Tourmaline Ceramic™ technology
* 3 heat/2 speed settings
* Diffuser for curly and wavy styles
* Cold shot
* Removable filter
* Concentrator
* Tourmaline Ceramic™ diffuser
* 7' line cord
* Unit Weight: 3.45 lbs
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 4:54 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I have the Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair™ Hair Styler and I love it!!

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Conair11

It was like $40 at Wal-Mart.

Features per their website:

Features

* 1875 watts
* Ionic technology
* Tourmaline Ceramic™ technology
* 3 heat/2 speed settings
* Diffuser for curly and wavy styles
* Cold shot
* Removable filter
* Concentrator
* Tourmaline Ceramic™ diffuser
* 7' line cord
* Unit Weight: 3.45 lbs

Thanks, 3C - sounds good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 5:16 pm

LOVE that twist out! It was not picture overload AT ALL!!!!

Your hair appears to have a curl pattern already. I never asked, why do you twist your hair?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th February 2011, 10:43 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:LOVE that twist out! It was not picture overload AT ALL!!!!

Your hair appears to have a curl pattern already. I never asked, why do you twist your hair?

Thanks Chrs,

Because I don't think I have a true curl pattern unless I twist. Why do you think I have one? Actually I've never tested it since it has grown out to see what the results would look like. A little scared. Also I wouldn't know what products to use to achieve the look of a twist out without twisting. Any suggestions? I really need to experiment a little more.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th February 2011, 1:26 pm

Did you all know that the tangle teezer is being used on pets as well to get out their tangles and knots Shocked . Everyone is catching on to this amazing gadget. That's why it's sold out in Sally's all the time.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:01 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Did you all know that the tangle teezer is being used on pets as well to get out their tangles and knots Shocked . Everyone is catching on to this amazing gadget. That's why it's sold out in Sally's all the time.

Really...I'm going to try this on my dog tonight. It is time for his bath. I bought an extra one this past weekend so now I will use it on Kirby!!! Thanks for this tip!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2011, 9:52 am

Hi BBD,

I went to Sally's looking for this Tangle Teezer and they said they only had a few left in the back room because it is being discontinued. It is level 8 at Sallys as being discontinued for not enough sales then it will go to level 9 in 2 weeks. That means discounted price, from $10 to possibly $2. Shocked

Needless for me to say, I will wait it out................... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th February 2011, 11:51 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hi BBD,

I went to Sally's looking for this Tangle Teezer and they said they only had a few left in the back room because it is being discontinued. It is level 8 at Sallys as being discontinued for not enough sales then it will go to level 9 in 2 weeks. That means discounted price, from $10 to possibly $2. Shocked

Needless for me to say, I will wait it out................... Laughing

Really interesting ... I ventured back in Sally's on Friday and still no Tangle Teezer. I spoke with the manager who had it on her list of incoming stock butt they didn't show up. She took my name and number and said she will call me when they come in. She knew I had been there a couple other times looking for it. I really don't have any tangle problems but would like to have one if I should need it in the future. I may invest in two of them now.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2011, 1:17 am

I see your one year is approaching fast. Got any big plans for Bella?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th February 2011, 3:46 pm

Hey Lynnie, yes 1 year fast approaching, I don't know where the time went.

No major plans, I wanted to get a professional trim, but I'm having second thoughts on that, I'm not sure. I'm just happying I made it this far, and I've retained length and my hair is in good health.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th February 2011, 3:21 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:

Thanks Chrs,

Because I don't think I have a true curl pattern unless I twist. Why do you think I have one? Actually I've never tested it since it has grown out to see what the results would look like. A little scared. Also I wouldn't know what products to use to achieve the look of a twist out without twisting. Any suggestions? I really need to experiment a little more.
I thought I remember you sharing a picture of your hair when it was wet. It may have been a picture on your fotki.

The key to maintaining your curls, if they are there when your hair is wet, is to moisturize them well and seal with with oil and butter. Another great option is a curl cream as opposed to a gel.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th February 2011, 5:47 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Did you all know that the tangle teezer is being used on pets as well to get out their tangles and knots Shocked . Everyone is catching on to this amazing gadget. That's why it's sold out in Sally's all the time.

Calling Sally's again today to get another one for my Shih Tzu. She gets bad mats and tangles. I'm going to shampoo her, add some condish (canine of course, LOL) and use a Tangle Teezer on her.

Thanks so much for sharing that!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th February 2011, 8:43 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:

Thanks Chrs,

I thought I remember you sharing a picture of your hair when it was wet. It may have been a picture on your fotki.

The key to maintaining your curls, if they are there when your hair is wet, is to moisturize them well and seal with with oil and butter. Another great option is a curl cream as opposed to a gel.

Thanks Chrs. That's just it, I can take of my hair when doing twists, buns, etc. But it comes to wash-n-gos or maintaining that curl pattern, I'm at a lost of what to use first, second, last, etc.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

Calling Sally's again today to get another one for my Shih Tzu. She gets bad mats and tangles. I'm going to shampoo her, add some condish (canine of course, LOL) and use a Tangle Teezer on her.

Thanks so much for sharing that!

You're welcome. I may have to break down and order mine online. I have to order other stuff too to justify the shipping cost of something I should be able to pick up locally. I'm gonna buy two of them.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th February 2011, 8:45 am

Title change ... It's gonna be a gorgeorus day and weekend here in the Queen City. I think highs today will reach 70 ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th February 2011, 12:17 pm

TGIF INDEED!

It's supposed to be high 70s for us all weekend, I've already seen people pulling out the sandals and shorts Suspect! lol

Have a great weekend BBD! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th February 2011, 9:54 pm

Hey BBD,

Hope you have a great weekend. Enjoy the beautiful Charlotte weather.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:37 am

Not enough sales for the tangle teezer??? This doesn't make sense. It's always sold out. I'm confused as to why they are discontinuing it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2011, 11:20 am

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. It was superb here in Charlotte.

So this weekend on Saturday, I touched up my roots with color and did a nice wash and DC. I twisted using Shea Moisture Smoothie and will keep it twisted for the next couple of days and take down for T/O on Thursday thru weekend.

I'm hoping you can see my roots are lighter now ...

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Img00322
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st February 2011, 1:58 pm

Hey BBD,
Your twists look juicy. They are so thick...like rope size thick. Wow!

Your color looks good too. Hope you had a good weekend.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Empty My color ... how I achieve it

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2011, 4:24 pm

Afternoon Ladies.

I get a lot of questions about how I achieve my color and keep it looking so healthy. I honestly have never had any problems with color - even when I relaxed. Now that I'm natural, it's even better I think. As you can see from pictures below my color has no name. Some find this hard to believe, but it's true. It just lightens my natural hair color which is dark brown/black.

Initially when I started coloring my hair the old formula I used for 11+ years was called Luminize (clear) pictured below (liquid based). Along with a liquid developer in the silver bottle (pictured below). When Clairol discontinued this color I was in panic mode last year. I thought I would have to go back to my natural color or consult a salon. But I called Clairol directly and asked about it and they told me what new formula to buy and it would give me the same results. So bought it, and they were right.

The new formula is called Clairol Professional Mix Tones Clear Mix (silver box). It's cream based now and you mix with the Clairoxide 20-volume Developer - pictured below. The only thing I don't like about the new product is that it's cream based now and it doesn't mix well with the developer. Before both products were liquid and I could just shake up in my applicator bottle. Now that's proven to be difficult because the cream doesn't break down that easily now. I now have to mix the products in an applicator cup (I don't know correct name) but you mix color in it. And I apply it using a perm brush - similar to applying a perm - to roots only.

The Clairol Professional website gives you the recommended comparison charts for discontinued products. See below.

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Img_luminize_conversion
Luminize Recommended Comparison

Clear Mix Tones:

• No bleaches or dyes
  • Consistency similar to Luminize
  • Soy Complex provides healthy shine*

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Chart_Luminize
[/size]

BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 21bMyy45SlL._SL500_AA300_

old developer/formula

new developer

clairoxide

clear developer - i use 20 volume for normal lift.

Clairol Professional clairoxide clear liquid developer provides a translucent liquid gel consistency for predictable hair color and lightening results every time. Ideal for bottle application, it is designed for use with permanent color and all powder and liquid lighteners.
10-, 20-, 30-, and 40-volume strengths:
10 volume for gentle lift
20 volume for normal lift
30 volume for extra lift
40 volume for maximum lift
BlondeByDesire's Bella - Love Being Natural - Page 34 Clairoxide_40_volume
[/size]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st February 2011, 6:40 pm

Great info on your color BBD! You made it very clear and easy to understand. I've always just done box colors.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 6:47 pm

I was looking at your tickler and was yesterday you 1 year natural anniversary? Well if so...Contratulations!! I remember that day like it was yesterday. You and your hair adjusted to being natual like you've been that way all your life.

As always I love your hair, color and all! Those twists a huge! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next