CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods

+3
shoco324
Juices-n-Berries
Pinkpearls
7 posters

Go down

conditioners - Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods Empty Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods

Post by Pinkpearls 10th April 2010, 4:28 pm

I just returned from the Whole Foods store in Houston (Westheimer location) and the Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners were on sale for 5.99. The Smooth as Silk Shampoo was sold out.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

conditioners - Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods Empty Re: Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th April 2010, 6:45 pm

which one on Westheimer?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

conditioners - Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods Empty Re: Giovanni Shampoos and Conditioners on sale at Whole Foods

Post by Pinkpearls 10th April 2010, 7:42 pm

Wilcrest and Westheimer
11145 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77042 USA
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by shoco324 10th April 2010, 8:16 pm

I picked up a few bottles in Union Square last night...spent an hour in the aisle...
shoco324
shoco324

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th April 2010, 11:52 pm

I was mad at myself, because i purchased the Giovanni at Ulta and then went to WF and saw that it was on sale. I was too lazy to return it. So Oh well.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 10th April 2010, 11:58 pm

shoco324 wrote:I picked up a few bottles in Union Square last night...spent an hour in the aisle...

Lol I was just there on Thursday. I saw that they were on sale, had my little Product Junky twitch, but I kept it moving [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] haha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyswan 11th April 2010, 10:01 pm

I stopped by Whole Foods a few days ago to replenish my 50:50 Shampoo and noticed all of the Giovanni prods on sale for $5.99. Unfortunately, this is the second product by Giovanni that I've noticed a change in ingredients (the first one is the Direct Leave-In which I use to love before they changed it). I noticed that the color seemed slightly darker than the last bottle I had purchased but I was on the phone at the time and thought perhaps it could've been the lighting in the store or my eyesight. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyhoo, I checked the ingredients next to the old bottle I had at home and I found one difference...the last ingredient. New bottle says "Natural Fragrance" and the old bottle says, "Fragrance (Essential Oils)." At first I thought perhaps this isn't enough to change the formula completely so it may be ok but then I smelled it and it's a different fragrance...new bottle smells more like DevaCare One Low Poo. I was ticked off b/c here again, Giovanni has changed another product that I and my hair really liked. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After my experience with the formula change for the Direct Leave-In Conditioner (all the oils have been replaced by extracts and my hair did not like it), I'm going to return the 50:50 to Whole Foods for a refund without even giving it a try. I'm sure the Giovanni company is experiencing tough economic times as well so they're probably trying to find ways to cut cost by using less expensive ingredients...unfortunately, the quality isn't the same. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just wanted to share my experience. Others may not notice the difference at all with their hair but I'd like to caution Giovanni users to check the ingredients when you purchase more to replenish your stash...especially if you've noticed your hair responding differently to the Giovanni products you've been using regularly. I'll continue to purchase 50:50 as long as I can find the old formula (which I saw at WalMart recently) but once the new formula takes over, I'll have to find another clarifying shampoo that works for my hair as well as the old 50:50.
curlyswan
curlyswan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 12th April 2010, 12:19 am

I went to Fairway Market yesterday and picked up Giovanni Silk condish and the Direct leave-in for a little over $6. Now this is the cheapest I've seen it ANYWHERE, so I was hyped that I got a great deal (it's $8 everywhere else). So I just so happened to stumble into Whole Foods today (I tripped and fell into the store...ahem, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!) Now being the product junkie that I am, I thought I'd take a glance in the hair care section...you know, just to browse. Well BEHOLD there is Giovanni- ON SALE for $5.59!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KiDDING ME!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] UGH I was so mad, I just bought the darn thing in another market yesterday and here it is on sale somewhere else (don't you just HATE when that happens). But the flames coming out of my ears quickly died down once I realized that the Silk condish was ALL SOLD OUT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down